shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt Vashon with east-west oval

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I requested pictures from Julian at Pearlman's, and very quickly he sent these to me--forwarded from Sholdt. Trying to envision my hand instead of this woman's. ;-) I would want my oval set higher so that the entire stone could be viewed from the profile. Thoughts on an oval in this setting? I'm a bezel girl, so I love the strength and elegance this setting gives off. I want to be sure the diamond would be extremely safe in a higher setting. Surely Sholdt wouldn't let it off the bench if it weren't?

_8810.jpg

_8811.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loooovveeee iiittttt!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is amazing!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, its INCREDIBLE!!I love that E/W setting and the 1/2 bezel!! gorgeous!!

But I don't know if I'd want it set too much higher than shown --- I would think there could be a safety risk and you'd want to prevent damage from being bumped if it were much higher. Maybe that oval is a very deep stone??

Great choice tho - it will be FABULOUS!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE this!! :love:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Scholdt semi-bezels, and I think an oval set e/w in that beautiful setting would be an exceptional look! I think you'd adjust quickly to the height if you do have it set higher. However, I'd see whether Scholdt could give you a mock-up of the new profile so you can verify that you still like the angles.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That's an awesome combination. Do it!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi! How big is your oval? I have a 2.02 RB in the same setting which I got set at the Sholdt workshop (I live in Seattle) and I asked Kalee to set it so that there was room underneath to clean the stone. She advised against it for my particular stone because it would sit too high off the finger and I liked a lower profile. She ended up having the jeweler cut a "V" shape into the setting that would allow for slightly easier cleaning. This is all about your personal preference though.

Also, I've read on some threads that an east-west setting on an oval may result in a more pronounced bow tie, but I'm not sure if it's just for less dazzling ovals. I don't know what your oval is like, but I trust you've looked it at all sorts of angles.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love this, of course I'm a wee bit biased ;)) I think it depends on the depth of your diamond. Sholdt is great to work with and changed the setting slightly for me so the diamond height worked with my band.

Can't wait to see this ring :appl:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1376507268|3502986 said:
oh, its INCREDIBLE!!I love that E/W setting and the 1/2 bezel!! gorgeous!!

But I don't know if I'd want it set too much higher than shown --- I would think there could be a safety risk and you'd want to prevent damage from being bumped if it were much higher. Maybe that oval is a very deep stone??

Great choice tho - it will be FABULOUS!!

I don't want it set much higher at all.. Just want as much of the stone showing as is safe enough to do. I wasn't given specs on the oval--it could be 2 or more carats for all I know!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1376521954|3503247 said:
Hi! How big is your oval? I have a 2.02 RB in the same setting which I got set at the Sholdt workshop (I live in Seattle) and I asked Kalee to set it so that there was room underneath to clean the stone. She advised against it for my particular stone because it would sit too high off the finger and I liked a lower profile. She ended up having the jeweler cut a "V" shape into the setting that would allow for slightly easier cleaning. This is all about your personal preference though.

Also, I've read on some threads that an east-west setting on an oval may result in a more pronounced bow tie, but I'm not sure if it's just for less dazzling ovals. I don't know what your oval is like, but I trust you've looked it at all sorts of angles.

It's barely over a carat--1.006. It is a well-cut oval from a reputable jeweler on Wabash in Chicago. It's not a round, so I do see the bow tie but mine is bright and colorful. As a local jeweler told me (commenting that I have a nice oval, "if you don't have a bow tie, you have a round." :). I don't mind a bow tie, but you're right--I don't want it pronounced. I've been turning it on its side all week!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
KristinTech|1376598585|3503953 said:
sortmon|1376521954|3503247 said:

It's barely over a carat--1.006. It is a well-cut oval from a reputable jeweler on Wabash in Chicago. It's not a round, so I do see the bow tie but mine is bright and colorful. As a local jeweler told me (commenting that I have a nice oval, "if you don't have a bow tie, you have a round." :). I don't mind a bow tie, but you're right--I don't want it pronounced. I've been turning it on its side all week!

I think you'll be fine setting it high with an air line around for easier cleaning. I think it will look spectacular.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results