shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt solitare setting

gzagenius

Rough_Rock
Hi I'm new to this...
I'd really like to see more pics of the Sholdt solitaire setting shown here. I am interested in this setting without the pave and I'd like to customize for a 2mm thickness of band.
I'd like some honest opinions. My GF likes simple, classic, nothing trendy. I'd like to set a 1.2ct round diamond.
Here are the pics I've seen so far... I'd like to see more real pics of it worn, preferably a non-pave.

Please give me some opinions and insight! Thanks!

stock photo

photo of it worn, but pave

sholdt738582.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely for the style -- ultra thin shank, delicate. I am very certain no one of PS owns that ring.

I prefer a more substantial ring but that is a matter of personal preference. Do you know your gf's preferences regarding the weightiness of the ring?

gzagenius

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response, dreamer_d!

My GF doesn't have any preference for weightiness. All I know is that she wants something simple and doesn't like really high or prominent cathedrals. She doesn't look at rings and doesn't want to, because she basically wants the first ring she loves the one she gets proposed to.

I was originally thinking of the classic Tiffany style, but I want something a bit less common and I'd like prongs to cover the diamond as little as possible. I agree the shank is quite thin, and that's why I was thinking of having the shank thicker (around 2mm) but the prongs remaining the same as the photo.

More responses are welcome, thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have a sholdt retailer close by? you could possibly see the ring there. Pearlmans will send out rings on Memo so you can always call them and have them send it to you to look at in person. Sholdt might even be able to do the customization you're interested in as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious what size fingers your GF has? Mine are 7.25 and I like delicate bands but I think this would be too delicate for my
size fingers. Another thing to me...this ring seems to have slightly modern lines (IMO). Not like really modern but not what I
would consider traditional.

gzagenius

Rough_Rock
Yes I''ve seen this setting in person. And I do think it is a bit modern, sometimes I think it is too minimalistic. I was thinking of thickening the band to 2mm. I dunno, maybe I''m not liking it as much anymore. She is 6.5

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results