shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt setting dilemma... Please help me choose!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
As fate would have it, I live 15 mins from the Sholdt workshop. I was all set on the semi-bezel until I tried on a couple others... Which one looks best on me? My center will be 1.5xct, similar to B. in proportion.

A. Semi-bezel

B. To follow...

_7083.jpg

_7084.jpg

_7085.jpg

_7086.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
B. semi-bezel w side stones

_7087.jpg

_7088.jpg

_7089.jpg

_7090.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly

C. curvy bezel prong

Thanks for your input! :))

_7091.jpg

_7092.jpg

_7093.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A by a lot, especially if you intend to wear it with that diamond band. Don't like C.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I live in Seattle too and went to visit the workshop. I ended up choosing the regular Sholdt semi-bezel (I have a SMTB thread) on my ring. What color is your diamond? When I had my J color in a setting with pave, I could notice the contrast between the lower colored center and the higher colored pave. That bothered me.

I think I would go with one of the two semi-bezels since they're more classic. The curved bezel (I think it might be called the "Twisp") might get tiring after awhile. It's all up to you though!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1370981582|3463630 said:
A by a lot, especially if you intend to wear it with that diamond band. Don't like C.

Thanks, Yssie. Yes, I'm planning on wearing this diamond band with it at least sometimes.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1370981777|3463634 said:
Hi! I live in Seattle too and went to visit the workshop. I ended up choosing the regular Sholdt semi-bezel (I have a SMTB thread) on my ring. What color is your diamond? When I had my J color in a setting with pave, I could notice the contrast between the lower colored center and the higher colored pave. That bothered me.

I think I would go with one of the two semi-bezels since they're more classic. The curved bezel (I think it might be called the "Twisp") might get tiring after awhile. It's all up to you though!

I saw your thread, your ring is glorious! My diamond will be H color. Yes, color difference would bother me. You're right, I think I might tire of the Twisp in a month or two. Thanks for your input!

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Yay for Seattle Sholdt-ers!

B is so much prettier in person than in pictures... I'm leaning towards it myself, but you can't go wrong with A. ;-)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am really loving the semi bezel with the channel set stones with that band. I vote B!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I have a Sholdt semi bezel, the A but with an emerald cut diamond. If I had a MRB in H or higher color I would pick B. I saw the B and tried it on at a local jeweler. The side diamonds are so beautifully set. But you already know that since you were able to visit them, I'm jealous!
I love the sleek look of the plain style but for an H color round diamond I say go for the added bling :sun: Please post lots of pictures when it's ready.
Seems like you already ruled out C. It's fun and unique but would be a better setting for a RHR.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A or B. I dislike C.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them all, but for different reasons. I think if you are set on wearing it with that band, then A or B, probably A just so it doesn't contrast. For a stand-alone I like B and C -

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
nicoleanne|1370991753|3463752 said:
Yay for Seattle Sholdt-ers!

B is so much prettier in person than in pictures... I'm leaning towards it myself, but you can't go wrong with A. ;-)

Hey, another Seattleite! Yes, B is definitely prettier and more delicate in real life. Pictures make A and B look quite heavy and bulky. Not so IRL! They are very sleek, silky smooth, and dainty. Yes, dainty!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1370996150|3463790 said:
I am really loving the semi bezel with the channel set stones with that band. I vote B!

I like this combo too... I also like A with my band. Such a dilemma to have... aie.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
woofmama|1370996415|3463792 said:
I have a Sholdt semi bezel, the A but with an emerald cut diamond. If I had a MRB in H or higher color I would pick B. I saw the B and tried it on at a local jeweler. The side diamonds are so beautifully set. But you already know that since you were able to visit them, I'm jealous!
I love the sleek look of the plain style but for an H color round diamond I say go for the added bling :sun: Please post lots of pictures when it's ready.
Seems like you already ruled out C. It's fun and unique but would be a better setting for a RHR.

I saw your thread too, gorgeous ring woofmama! I agree the side diamonds are set so beautifully with such care and precision. B looked to me in pictures kind of masculine (something a man would buy a woman if he chose) which isn't at all in person and once you pop it on your finger... pure luxury, it's like melted metal on your finger. I am actually trying to think myself out of this one (b/c of the price difference from A) but it's not working... lol

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
distracts|1371004011|3463880 said:
A or B. I dislike C.

Thanks for your vote. :)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
ecf8503|1371004094|3463881 said:
I like them all, but for different reasons. I think if you are set on wearing it with that band, then A or B, probably A just so it doesn't contrast. For a stand-alone I like B and C -

Thanks, ecf. I'm going to ask if they will set side diamonds to match my center color and will report back.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Elysian|1371011877|3463979 said:

I saw your thread too, gorgeous ring woofmama! I agree the side diamonds are set so beautifully with such care and precision. B looked to me in pictures kind of masculine (something a man would buy a woman if he chose) which isn't at all in person and once you pop it on your finger... pure luxury, it's like melted metal on your finger. I am actually trying to think myself out of this one (b/c of the price difference from A) but it's not working... lol

Thank you! You described the setting perfectly. I love the melted metal look, Sholdt is really the master at this.
I find looking at my setting to be as enjoyable as looking at my diamond. I don't think you'll regret spending the money, if you can make it work with your budget. If I ever get a higher color diamond, be it round or EC I would have this setting as my top contender.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
What's the price difference between A and B? If it's like $1000, that's $1000 that could go towards a nice wedding band (with diamonds). :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A or B, not C.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Setting B. Because I need to live vicariously through you. Please :)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
woofmama|1371046955|3464146 said:
Elysian|1371011877|3463979 said:

Thank you! You described the setting perfectly. I love the melted metal look, Sholdt is really the master at this.
I find looking at my setting to be as enjoyable as looking at my diamond. I don't think you'll regret spending the money, if you can make it work with your budget. If I ever get a higher color diamond, be it round or EC I would have this setting as my top contender.

Such an enabler, woofmama! ;-)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1371055545|3464256 said:
A or B, not C.

Thanks for voting, tyty. :)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1371054895|3464249 said:
What's the price difference between A and B? If it's like $1000, that's $1000 that could go towards a nice wedding band (with diamonds). :)

Yes, for plat it's $1k difference for my stone size range. It's $1k extra I could use towards my center. I have a bangin' wedding band that I wouldn't ever replace for sentimental reasons. I do want to get an ACA Annette u-prong eternity as a RHR at some point. :))

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
maccers|1371055872|3464263 said:
Setting B. Because I need to live vicariously through you. Please :)

Profresh enabler ;-)

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I like A the most.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A, for sure!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like A, really dislike C.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619 said:
A, for sure!
AprilBaby said:
Like A, really dislike C.
GreenBling|1371058344|3464308 said:
I like A the most.

Thanks for voting! The votes are pretty even between A and B.

Thinking aloud...I like the sleek minimalist feel of A. And B is so impressive on the finger in person. I think my pics of B weren't very flattering of the ring (nor my finger/hand) :rodent: . It turns out that the center on B is 2 ct (equiv) and my stone will be smaller at 1.5-1.7 range... it will definitely have a different *look*. The bezel on A was slightly thicker than on B, but both bezel thicknesses were equally engaging and aesthetic to my eye. B had more of a curve on the shoulders, Kalee said that it's due to the larger center size. I think if I went with B, it'd be more a stand alone... I may have to try these on again when I drop off my diamond next month.

And I didn't mention this earlier in the thread, but Kalee was and is fantastic to work with.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Elysian|1371099395|3464776 said:
Thanks for voting! The votes are pretty even between A and B.

Thinking aloud...I like the sleek minimalist feel of A. And B is so impressive on the finger in person. I think my pics of B weren't very flattering of the ring (nor my finger/hand) :rodent: . It turns out that the center on B is 2 ct (equiv) and my stone will be smaller at 1.5-1.7 range... it will definitely have a different *look*. The bezel on A was slightly thicker than on B, but both bezel thicknesses were equally engaging and aesthetic to my eye. B had more of a curve on the shoulders, Kalee said that it's due to the larger center size. I think if I went with B, it'd be more a stand alone... I may have to try these on again when I drop off my diamond next month.

And I didn't mention this earlier in the thread, but Kalee was and is fantastic to work with.

Good luck with your decision! One thing that I didn't like about channel set stones is the gunk from lotions and creams that can collect in the crevices. All this can obviously be solved with a good cleaning but I've always been very lazy about cleaning my jewelry. I'm pretty sure that the ring isn't drilled through so it'll be a bit harder to clean the back of the stones without an ultrasonic or something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results