shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls!!

I need to get some shoes, pronto!

I made an appointment with a seamstress in 2 weeks and she said I need to bring the shoes I will wear. It is still early (wedding is not until February) but October-Decemeber will be crazy months between vacations, business travel, etc...So I thought it would be good to get this started.

I have no idea what kind of shoes go with my dress!!! The reception is outside and there is *some* grass. It does mostly have floors, but rustic kind of floors (including a rustic kind of dance floor). I know I don''t want a heel that is too thin, but I don''t think a platform would look good either.

I am on a budget so I hope to find some nice comfortable but not so expensive shoes!.

I realize I might not find the actual shoes before 2 weeks....so what should I do? What height heels should I go in with?.

Here is my dress again for reference:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-dress.67990/
It''s also here (this pictures show the entire dress better)-scroll down-: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-dress.35889/page-11

Thanks!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you April! I love the last ones you posted too!. Would it look ok to wear gold?. I don''t think I want Silver. Or should I try to find Ivory ones?

I am wondering if I should just use any shoes for now and keep the same heel height until I have more time to look?. If so, what heel height do you guys recommend?. I would definitely want a little "height" since I think otehrwise I would look too short with that dress...

M~

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This post really came in handy for me - esp. Jcrow''s list of places to look. Try this: shoes I got mine at Dyeables - see pic below! I LOVED them and got so many compliments!!!! Plus, I didn''t pay a lot for them because I was told nobody was really going to see them anyway, plus I''ll never wear them again.

Erica.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
So, do you think for the type of dress I should stick to strappy sandals?
M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I like those too Blushing bride!!!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link!!!!
M~

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, what is the height difference between you and your FI? Think about whether you want to be closer to his height or have somewhat of a height difference.

The three things I took into consideration when getting my shoes were...
1. How much of a height difference do I want between FI and me? (FI is 6 inches + taller than me, so I had a bit of flexibilty)
2. Comfort and easy of walking (I did not want to be limping around 2 minutes into the reception; I also didn't want to be teetering around all evening, either... a bride falling head first into the wedding cake isn't exactly the type of memory you aim to have your guests walk away with
2.gif
)
3. Price (I was NOT going to pay a ton of money for shoes I might only wear once and that would barely be seen)

Regarding the color question, I think gold would look beautiful with your dress, especially since it's a warm off-white/ivory color. Plus, you have that fabulous olive skin that look great with gold.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 10:41:09 AM
Author: Mandarine
So, do you think for the type of dress I should stick to strappy sandals?
M~
I personally think for your dress that strappy would be better. My dress had a lot of material and I chose the peep toe becaue I didn''t want people to see my dress with all the organza and french tulle and then my feet sticking out.
40.gif
Your dress works will with strappy shoes.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you girls!!!

My FI is about 8 inches taller I think, so I''m good there.

I just tried on the dress...lol.
5.gif
It''s been in the closet since I got it so I thought I would try it on with just some sandals I have here. The height makes such a big difference!. The pictures I took when I got it where without any shoes and I look so short!.

I think you guys are right and strappy shoes might work better. The designer''s website has the dress with some pointy shoes, but I didn''t like the look. It think the dress already has enough going on that the shoes should be pretty but simple. I also don''t want to spend too much, around $60-$70 is what I''m hoping for...and hopefully a pair that I can wear again
9.gif

M~

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the shoes I wore (but I got them in silver). They''re not as cute as some of those above, but I needed a shorter heel (my DH and I only have about 3-4" height difference). I also had to walk around in grass, and didn''t want shoes that would aerate the lawn
2.gif

These were super-comfortable! I wore them for about 13 hours on my wedding day ... had a pair of platform flip-flops as backups that I never had to put on. I''ve even gotten to wear them since the wedding a few times -- still comfy!

Vaneli Willow

comfyshoes.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I also vote for strappy shoes with that dress if you find them comfy. BUT! ACHTUNG! Strappies are major blister-causers, so maybe break them in? Another option: bandaid is now making these invisible blister protector thingies. I think it''s like a tube of gooey silicone and you put it on the potentially sensitive area and it dries. Then it protects your tender tootsies from rubbing.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again!!
Starppy shoes are tricky for sure!.
I have a pair of gold sandals from Nine West that are actually super comfty and they have a nice height heel. I might use those for the fitting while I find something similar!
M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results