shape
carat
color
clarity

sheycpearljewelery - anyone bought of them

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
As I am a total newbie in this world of pearls - i stumbled across this vendor with some pearls - any feedback or comment
I am thinking of a gold pearl for my mum -
what are your thoughts - and if no - can someone point me in the right direction -
would gold and yg chain be too much? she loves YG? I could even go up a little in size -?
http://www.shecypearljewelry.com/pearl-pendant-jewelry/golden-south-sea-pearl-pendant-4001-NGR108.html

They have a return policy which is important to me -
anyway all feedback welcome
d2b

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Are you near to Shanghai? If the pearls don't meet your expectations you will have to pay shipping both ways to return them, does that bother you? Golden pearls can be dyed to achieve that dark color, have you talked to this vendor and are you sure this has not been enhanced?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your feedback - is their a way of knowing /checking if this is done or is it simply a matter of what the vendor says?
Any recommendations for a similar pearl by another vendor?
d2b

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
D2B, someone knowledgeable may be able to tell whether the pearl has been dyed/enhanced from a good photo. Looking at your link, I do not see anywhere in the website that the pearl you get is the one pictured, so you would have to order one to know.

In the case of golden pearls things get complicated because deeper golden pearl body colours typically command higher prices. What is the specific golden colour of the pearl they would send you? I also do not seen information on the place of origin of the pearl. Is it from the Philippines, or somewhere else?

Looking at their price, it doesn't look better than prices of reputable vendors in this forum. For instance, PP lists an AAA golden pearl pendant of that size for $415, which is actually lower than the $402 + $20 = $422 for the pendant with a gold bail from Shecypearljewelery:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-51-classic-collection-golden-south-sea-pearl-pendant.aspx

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Tucs for taking the time to respond and look on PP - as I said I am a real novice here so I really appreciate all the help and advice.

I will check out the pearls posted on PP - thank you gain - :wavey: :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I would also suggest you ask vendors for photos of options and description (body colour and overtones). The reputable vendors we recommend here (check thd thread for more) tend to have a chat function you may want to use.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results