shape
carat
color
clarity

Sheer Cover Makeup? Anyone here use it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I usually wear Bare Minerals but of course I got sucked into this infomercial this morning and am thinking of ordering the Sheer Cover.
I don''t have "bad" skin. It just gets red at times and is uneven not to mention dry so I was curious to know if anyone has used this makeup and if the coverage is all it''s cracked up to be?

Thanks all!
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been considering buying one or the other. WHat do you think of Bare Minerals? I am usually a MAC wearer, but would like something lighter for everyday...

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like the Bare Minerals! It is super light and great for my dry skin and it does cover very nicely. No need to look for a new make-up but you know those darn infomercials..they just roped me in so I thought..hey why not try something new?!
Plus, Bare Minerals is conveienet to buy, I can get it at Ulta or Sephora which is nice.
The only downside to any of these "powders" is the mess! My sink looks like a beach when I''m done tapping all the powder out!
crackup.gif

mrs.ROC

Rough_Rock
I have been a devoted Bare Minerals fan for the past 3 years! I saw it on infomercials, and once I had tried it...they were selling it at Sephora. I went in for a trial, brought an unbiased friend to compare my bare face with bare minerals...and was SOLD!!!! I have VERY sensitive skin. Everything I used before was too drying. The Bare Minerals allows my skin to breath, and it feels completely weightless while providing coverage. I highly recommend it!!

guylian

Rough_Rock
IMO - Bare Minerals is FANTASTIC! I have super sensitive skin and my face has not reacted to it so far! Going on my 4th month, I LOVE IT! One of the biggest fear I had was I didn''t want it to looked "caked" out. But with the kabuki, you have total control on application. I agree with Mrs. Roc
2.gif
- it IS weightless! I haven''t had the courage to use the other stuff yet, including the mineral veil.

Try to see if you have a Sephora near you and play with it a bit. They''re pretty good about their return policy!

Good Luck and let us know if you get it!

1.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I love bare minerals and will always use it. I tried the stuff on HSN that Jennifer Flavin (sly stallone''s wife) sells and it was just not the same. I love bare minerals. The foundation feels to light and looks so natural and it lasts forever. The eyeshadow and blush and eyeliners are amazing too...I am yet to run out and I''ve been using the stuff for ages.

It is important to get good brushes though. You need the right brush for the right application. Tha kabuki is fab!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I must be doing something wrong because I am not happy with Bare Minerals at all. I too got the starter kit at Ulta and followed the directions. My skin isn''t bad at all but in order to get the coverage I wanted I end up using a light cream foundation first, then the Bare Minerals. Any suggestions girls?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 6:41:33 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
I must be doing something wrong because I am not happy with Bare Minerals at all. I too got the starter kit at Ulta and followed the directions. My skin isn''t bad at all but in order to get the coverage I wanted I end up using a light cream foundation first, then the Bare Minerals. Any suggestions girls?
There is a concealer and a brush. They work well (I use it under my eyes because unfortunately, I have translucent skin which shows the darkness under my eyes. I wish the dark was from lack of sleep because that would be an easy fix
7.gif
)

In regards to the mess, I tap off the excess pretty well back into the container and rarely have a mess. I also try to not shake a lot out to begin with.

I have very sensitive skin as well... it has been THE BEST for my skin- I am still AMAZED that I found a product that doesn''t make my skin dry or oily, stays put, looks natural, matches my skintone and is quickly applied... it''s still hard for me to believe after using it the last couple years!

I do use the mineral veil... nothing to worry about trying it... it''s very sheer and just kinda finishes/softens your look.
I have not seen "sheer cover" so haven''t tried it.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 10:18:46 PM
Author: sera

There is a concealer and a brush. They work well (I use it under my eyes because unfortunately, I have translucent skin which shows the darkness under my eyes. I wish the dark was from lack of sleep because that would be an easy fix
7.gif
)

In regards to the mess, I tap off the excess pretty well back into the container and rarely have a mess. I also try to not shake a lot out to begin with.

I have very sensitive skin as well... it has been THE BEST for my skin- I am still AMAZED that I found a product that doesn''t make my skin dry or oily, stays put, looks natural, matches my skintone and is quickly applied... it''s still hard for me to believe after using it the last couple years!

I do use the mineral veil... nothing to worry about trying it... it''s very sheer and just kinda finishes/softens your look.
I have not seen ''sheer cover'' so haven''t tried it.

Thanks. I might try the concealer, just not sure if I want to spend the money since I''m not having good results with the rest of it. That brush came with my kit along with a few other brushes. I have no idea how you guys can make this stuff last because even with the mineral veil it seems to rub off in a few hours.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I like Colour Ideal with Lancome. It is sooooo light. Love it.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
It takes time. WHen i first started years ago, I had to ween myself off the traditional foundation, so I feel your pain. What kind of brush are you using? some of the brushes provide you w/ more cover. I use the kabuki w/ a long handle. I like a bit more coverage too. As I sai ti will take time. maybe, on the weekends, try to use just the BA w/ no liquid or cream base. It will grow on you and you will be surpised, but it does take time to adjust. Also, you may want to try some of the all over colors like the light self-tan or warm radiance. they help give a sun-kissed look. ifyou can get into one of the BA biutiques and have them walk you through it, they are very helpful!!

Good luck!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 1:05:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I like the BM, however I started breaking out pretty severely not long after. I''ve been using the Physician''s Formula brand mineral powder and like it quite a bit more. I never break out. I mix two of the colors to get the right color and it costs me about half the BM cost....
I tried the Physician''s formula and I just felt that it didn''t cover as well as the BMs...

This Sheer Coverage seems to be the same "concept" as BM and it''s inexpensive for the whole starter kit however if you order it online, they want to send it to you every month and I hate those types of things. Maybe if Sephora has it I''ll give it a whirl...

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:49:16 PM

Date: 2/12/2008 9:18:55 AM
Author: Angel7

Date: 2/11/2008 1:05:11 PM
I like the BM, however I started breaking out pretty severely not long after. I''ve been using the Physician''s Formula brand mineral powder and like it quite a bit more. I never break out. I mix two of the colors to get the right color and it costs me about half the BM cost....
I tried the Physician''s formula and I just felt that it didn''t cover as well as the BMs...

This Sheer Coverage seems to be the same ''concept'' as BM and it''s inexpensive for the whole starter kit however if you order it online, they want to send it to you every month and I hate those types of things. Maybe if Sephora has it I''ll give it a whirl...
I saw it at Bed Bath & Beyond and at Costco.. actually, they also had BM at Costco...
Really? I was just at Sephora and didn''t see it there and have''t seen it at BBB..I''ll have to pay more attention next time! Thanks SDL

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 3:28:41 PM

I only saw it at the Mission Valley BBB here in SD, so.. maybe some carry it and some don''t? Its the stuff Leeza Gibbons promotes, right?
Yup!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results