shape
carat
color
clarity

She said

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoingOK

Rough_Rock
I researched many sites for ring and diamond information and found this particular site most informative. I ended up buying a Tacori platinum setting from a long time jewelery company (Since 1910) and selected a 1.52 carat E color VS1 Radiant cut diamond. Excellent polish, very good symmetry, etc.

My girlfriend of nearly 5 years had absolutely no idea I was planning the proposal nor did she know I had purchased the ring. The proposal went like this:

My girlfriend had a "girls only" weekend planned in New York City with five of her friends. She had never been to the city before. I bought a nice new suit and snuck up to New York (via a train) and reserved a suite at the same hotel she was at. I made up six gift boxes (filled with Godiva chocolates) with little thank you cards attached. I found out that the girls were having dinner at Tavern on the Green on Saturday night. I arranged to have a white carriage waiting outside while I went inside with a suit, roses and the gift boxes. As the girls were finishing up dinner, I had the hostess place one gift box in front of my girlfriend. She still didn't know I was in New York. She opened up the note attached to the box where I had written some niceties and told her how much I missed her. The last line of the note said "I'd like to spend the rest of the evening with you....I'm here waiting." At that point, I walked in to the room with my suit and roses. She nearly went into shock. I told the other ladies that I apologize for interrupting, but I would be taking my girlfriend out for the rest of the evening. I then handed them each a gift box with thank you letters attached. We walked out out to the front of the restaurant where I helped her into the carriage. She was a trembling mess. I told her to relax, we are just going on a nice ride through Central Park. At that moment, the carriage driver placed a nice red blanket across her lap. Unbeknown to her, it was a blanket I purchased and had "Karen, please say yes...." embroidered on it. She looked down at it and started crying. I knelt down on one knee and proposed. It was quite a night and she still weeps at the thought of the whole evening that happened two weeks ago.

Here is the ring:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS A FANTASTIC PROPOSAL!!!!! where are the pictures? i CAN"T wait to see them!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s such a sweet story, I loved reading it. Your fiancee has such a precious story to tell
1.gif

Congratulations!!

Now show us pics of the ring - preferably on her hand
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome story, but HELLO-we need pics!!!!! Cant wait to see! Congratulations!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
How romantic and very sweet! Please, post pics of the ring!

DoingOK

Rough_Rock
I apologize.....I haven''t figured out how to post them here. I belong to 20+ forums and this one doesn''t let me use photobucket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DoingOK

Rough_Rock
See if this works.......I apologize if it doesn''t yet.

Karenring5.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky girl! Congratulations! Did her friends forgive you for taking her away?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, what a stunning ring, it''s really beautiful!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Thats a gorgeous ring. Congratulations!!!

DoingOK

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone...........she is absolutely in love with it. Her friends all met up with us back at the hotel for a drink. They were very happy for her and said I was very smart for giving them all Godiva chocolates for the interruption. ;-) It was quite humorous during the night when we were in bed, she would open her cell phone to look at the ring and then go to sleep. She did this three times through the night because she couldn''t believe I asked her and gave her the ring. She still beams at work (we work together) and I''ve got a lot of thumbs up from her coworkers.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a great proposal story!! I''m so glad it had a happy ending because I got a little scared not knowing...but I tear''ed up so I was rooting for ya!! Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif

The ring is beautiful!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Great choice on the ring. I
30.gif
step cuts!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 10:47:13 PM
Author: DoingOK
Thanks everyone...........she is absolutely in love with it. Her friends all met up with us back at the hotel for a drink. They were very happy for her and said I was very smart for giving them all Godiva chocolates for the interruption. ;-) It was quite humorous during the night when we were in bed, she would open her cell phone to look at the ring and then go to sleep. She did this three times through the night because she couldn''t believe I asked her and gave her the ring. She still beams at work (we work together) and I''ve got a lot of thumbs up from her coworkers.

That is so sweet!!! The ring is gorgeous!!! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like an awesome proposal, you certainly are a romantic. The ring is absolutely stunning! Congratulations to the both of you!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Amazing proposal and a beautiful ring!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely ring! Who makes the setting. I see a little peek of a gorgeous gallery! Congratulations! Would it be too much to ask for a few more pictures? It is just so beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful Ring! Congrats
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a stunner!! Well done!
36.gif

DoingOK

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the kind words. The ring is really quite stunning in person and she really loves it. I was worried, but luckily she likes my style and choice. I have more pics, but they are at home. Here is what the Tacori setting looks like from their website. The emerald cut diamond pictured below is a 1 carat example. I had opted for a little more sparkle and went with the 1.52 carat radiant cut instead:

Karenring8.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What an amazing proposal and an even more amazing ring!!!!!!!!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and an amazing story.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
DoingOK, you did better than OK. What a great proposal; you got me watery-eyed! Congratulations to you and your FI. The ring is gorgeous and I hope you both live happily ever after !

legra

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and such a sweet, special proposal story! Congrats to the both of you.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I love the proposal story, it''s so sweet! The ring is beautiful too!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
awwww.... this has got to be the most romantic proposal i''ve ever read!!!!

your such a sweet guy! your fiance is very blessed!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the radiant with the step-cut sidestones, very very nice!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Great proposal story, beautiful ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results