shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Most of you know I was planning to propose this weekend. The short of it is, I did and she said yes!
1.gif
Read on if you want a slightly longer version…

I've had the ring since March and the stone loose for even longer so it was growingly hard to wait. However, I had a fairly specific plan in mind. I booked a suite at the Joie de Vivre Adagio in San Francisco, specifically requesting the room by number. I wanted a room high enough to see over the general city skyline and facing the direction the fireworks later that night. Our friends began to arrive a little before 7 and steadily streamed in until around 8. We ate a little, drank a lot and were generally merry.
1.gif
The fireworks started on cue at 9 and finished right as the white stretch limo arrived to take us all to the party. We piled into the limo, our capacity one larger than its, I believe. When we got to the club, we got out, skipped the line and were shown directly to our private VIP area. Turns out the club owner/party owner had reserved pretty much the whole second floor of the club for us!! With a balcony facing the stage where I was to propose and complimentary champagne all night long. At midnight, Dennis, the club owner, came to find me and we began the final stretch. Everyone knew their places. The girls brought Penny onto the dancefloor, near the stage. The guys stayed upstairs with cameras. I went on the side of the stage. One of the promotions girls, a friend of ours, got on stage as the music dulled to the background and explained she had an announcement and introduced me. I took the microphone and plugged PZ (the party) before asking Penny to join me on stage. As soon as she stood on stage, three spotlights flashed on, focused on her. I got down on one knee and proposed… She said yes and the lights and music went crazy as I slid the ring onto her finger!!! It was truly a memorable night!!

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Here's the lucky girl!

Facesized.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
And a better shot of the ring on her hand.

OnHandTop11.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
I swear this is a different picture!
2.gif

OnHandTop2.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Another shot...

OnHandPen21.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

OnHandTilt2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring for a lovely and lucky lady. I loved the proposal story. You obviously put as much thought into how you would propose as the ring itself, and it showed. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Shay!
1.gif
I guess I could include a picture of the proposal as well!!! Penny, myself, and ~200 of our closest friends.
1.gif

Prop2.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty ring for a pretty young lady. Your proposal was very sweet as well, she looks like she was just thrilled!

Best wishes and much happiness to the two of you.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
wow! that's some fabulous proposal story OH! -thanks for sharing
9.gif

happy congratulations to you & your luvly fiancee!
appl.gif

ps, beautiful ring shots!
love.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring and a great proposal!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and thank you for sharing your story. Nicely planned out. I'm glad everything went well.
Nan

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to a lovely couple. All the best!
1.gif

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Nice looking ring and a lucky guys to have such a lady!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations openhelix! It sounds as if you planned quite the proposal! She certainly looks happy about the engagement and the ring, so you did well! Best wishes for your upcoming marriage.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Ophen:

Great shots of the ring and proposal...You must be quite a lucky guy to snag a beautiful girl like that
2.gif

Good luck with all your future endeavors!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results