shape
carat
color
clarity

She said Yes!!! Woohoo...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

C.Howard84

Rough_Rock
She said yes!!!! The ring came in yesterday, diamond was mounted, and off I went. I decided to keep the proposal low-key and romantic, so I proposed to her at home (we just bought our first house together so i figured it would be special). She wasnt coming home until 8:30, so I cleaned up the house, put on some her favorite 80''s slow songs, arranged the dining room with pink roses and carnations, champagne, tea candles, and some rose petals to finish it off. Dimmed the lighting, which took like 20 minutes until I found the perfect lighting for maximum sparkle
9.gif
I had a great dinner and appetizers ready to go when she got home.

She was absolutely blown off her feet when I proposed, she had no idea it was coming. YES!! Finally I suprised her 100% perfectly.

It was the most special evening of my life...thank you to everyone who commented on my previous posting.

Here is the finale, sorry for the quality...I am still learning how to shoot diamonds.

chringbox1.jpg

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

That is SO romantic and it sounds absolutely perfect.

I''m not surprised she said yes - that is one beautiful ring!!!

All the very best to you both. :)

x x x

C.Howard84

Rough_Rock
almost done i swear
1.gif

chhand2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 12:05:23 PM
Author:C.Howard84
She said yes!!!! The ring came in yesterday, diamond was mounted, and off I went. I decided to keep the proposal low-key and romantic, so I proposed to her at home (we just bought our first house together so i figured it would be special). She wasnt coming home until 8:30, so I cleaned up the house, put on some her favorite 80''s slow songs, arranged the dining room with pink roses and carnations, champagne, tea candles, and some rose petals to finish it off. Dimmed the lighting, which took like 20 minutes until I found the perfect lighting for maximum sparkle
9.gif
I had a great dinner and appetizers ready to go when she got home.

She was absolutely blown off her feet when I proposed, she had no idea it was coming. YES!! Finally I suprised her 100% perfectly.

It was the most special evening of my life...thank you to everyone who commented on my previous posting.

Here is the finale, sorry for the quality...I am still learning how to shoot diamonds.
Awww, way to go!
36.gif
9.gif

You did an awesome job, on the ring, the setting, everything! Congrats, I wish you two all the best!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Can you tell us more about the stone and the setting?

Congratulations, and best of luck!!! You did a wonderful job!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Jban

Rough_Rock
Beautifullllll. Congratulations!!!!!!
emsmile.gif

C.Howard84

Rough_Rock
Here''s to forever with you...(the table setting)

chtable2.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, more hand shots please and specs.

Congratulations!!!

C.Howard84

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 12:16:10 PM
Author: Dani
Beautiful!!! Can you tell us more about the stone and the setting?

Congratulations, and best of luck!!! You did a wonderful job!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you!! The setting is from the amazing Simon G. It is a split shank 18kt white gold with .5ct diamonds.

The center stone is 1.31ct SI2 (super eye clean) H color with medium blue fluor. It sparkles like CRAZY!
10.gif

Here are the specs for anyone curious:

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.96 - 7.04 x 4.33 mm
Carat Weight: 1.31
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Very Good

Proportions:
Depth: 61.9 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 15.5 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I love it! But most importantly, she loves it
1.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
C.howard, I just love it whaen a man knows his diamonds!

Awesome job!

When''s the wedding?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did a great job!!! The ring is gorgeous, and the proposal sounds so romantic. Congrats and best wishes to you both!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its so beautiful!!! Well done!!!
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a romantic proposal!
36.gif
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
The ring is beautiful!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You know what I think? You are going to make such a detailed oriented husband...and you will have a happy life together!

This proves that we female type just want you to share a piece of your heart...and you did just that! Ten fold!! No jumbotrons...no skywriting...just focused on what is the most important detail that is often overlooked...THE TWO OF YOU.
As previous posters noted the dimmer switch was evident that you really wowed her! The rose petals and fresh flowers...the meal...the beverage choice...what a great suprise for her as she came HOME. Comfortable home. She will now return to your new home with a stronger fondness...and attachment than before. The promise of the future...ah I am getting too sappy huh?

Something else I noticed, is you are really a great member of PS. Look at the way you photographed the ring for us! You just couldn''t stop at pleasing your Finance...you had to do one over... and please us too! The crowd roars!!!

I hope your engagement and successful planning will encourage you to remain a member of this community. You have a mans perspective on proposals...and I think you will make a great asset to the proposal forum. Congrats on the new adventure you are taking on...we are thrilled that she loves all the details...and you! (I think you are pretty darn special too!)
2.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and wow!! I love your proposal story and the ring is to die for. Thanks for sharing and I would love to see more pics of the setting.
30.gif
31.gif
9.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice proposal. It sounded so romantic
30.gif

C.Howard84

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 12:43:29 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
You know what I think? You are going to make such a detailed oriented husband...and you will have a happy life together!

This proves that we female type just want you to share a piece of your heart...and you did just that! Ten fold!! No jumbotrons...no skywriting...just focused on what is the most important detail that is often overlooked...THE TWO OF YOU.

As previous posters noted the dimmer switch was evident that you really wowed her! The rose petals and fresh flowers...the meal...the beverage choice...what a great suprise for her as she came HOME. Comfortable home. She will now return to your new home with a stronger fondness...and attachment than before. The promise of the future...ah I am getting too sappy huh?

Something else I noticed, is you are really a great member of PS. Look at the way you photographed the ring for us! You just couldn''t stop at pleasing your Finance...you had to do one over... and please us too! The crowd roars!!!

I hope your engagement and successful planning will encourage you to remain a member of this community. You have a mans perspective on proposals...and I think you will make a great asset to the proposal forum. Congrats on the new adventure you are taking on...we are thrilled that she loves all the details...and you! (I think you are pretty darn special too!)
2.gif

WOW, that was incredibly nice of you to say all that...thank you so much for your kind words. You just typed exactly what I was thinking when I decided to propose at home. I was worried about not being lavish and "fairy tail", which I think is great, but I said to myself "I love this girl more than anything, and I want this to be the most special night of our lives, and what better place than our first home we chose together." You''re right too, it was US, nothing or no one else but US, and it was more special than I could have ever imagined.

Thank you again for all the nice things you said, I do look forward to staying around and giving a "guys" opinion (when it is wanted)
1.gif

P.S. The wedding is scheduled for October ''09

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Great! I was sincere when I said them...as well as hoping you would remain.

So many times we get the promise of a great member...but when the proposal is done...we loose them! Once again, thrilled for you! And so glad to have you on board!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and what a special proposal. Congratulations!

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Nice job. You''ve obviously learn a lot about picking diamonds and rings from these gals and congratulations!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ya done good! I was getting all choked up reading about your lovely proposal. Such a beautiful ring and story. Congrats!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Good job and awesome ring!
Congrats!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congrats to you both!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
you did a wonderful job and it looks AMAZING on her hand!! congrats on your engagement!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice work!!! You did a great job on the ring and the proposal, she must be thrilled!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results