shape
carat
color
clarity

She knows, but can I still make it a suprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gunnycarr

Rough_Rock
Or at least something she will remember for the rest of her life. I am trying to find out a way to suprise my g/f with a proposal even though she knows that I am going to ask her soon... I purchased "the ring of her dreams." I am getting really antsy, but I want to make this a special proposal. She and her daughters moved in my house with me and my daughter about 6 months ago. She knows that I am going to ask her. She talks to me about it all the time. I just want to catch her by suprise by doing something she will remember...Any suggestions? Thanks
17.gif

ebmolldrem

Rough_Rock
I have a friend who told his girlfriend he was going to propose within 6 months. He waited until the last week. She was on edge, expecting a proposal at any given time. He decided to surprise her one morning by yelling from within the house, "Look at this spider, it''s HUGE!!!" knowing she didn''t like spiders. She came running down to see, and he was there on one knee with the ring in hand. It made for a funny story and she was really suprised. Afterwards, she said it was the happiest day of her life. It''s a simple idea, but I''ll throw it out there. Good luck!
1.gif

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on buying the ring of her dreams! You are the perfect boyfriend!
2.gif

As far as making it a surprise.....I always like the stories I hear about when the boyfriend plans something obvious but then proposes beforehand so she is totally surprised. For example, you can do something like tell her you''ve made dinner reservations at a very fancy restaurant 3 weeks from now. You might tell her to buy a new dress or something like that to give her a hint. So she will expect that on that particular day, you''ll be taking her to a fancy dinner and proposing.

But INSTEAD of proposing that night -- propose a couple days earlier when she''s not expecting it at all. So in my above example, tell her you''ve made dinner reservations for a Saturday night 3-4 weeks from now. Tell her you got a babysitter for the night (if your kids are of the age that they need one). Then she''ll strongly suspect a proposal is coming that night.

But then arrange something totally ordinary for Thursday or Friday night. Something that''s part of your guys'' routine, or something that won''t make her suspicious. Something like "Jack and Jill invited us out for dinner Thursday night." Or even better, ask one of your women friends to actually ask your girlfriend and you to dinner. So your friend "Jill" can say "Hey [girlfriend''s name], why don''t you and Gunnycarr come over for dinner next Thursday. We''re having a small dinner party."

So your girlfriend will think the proposal is coming on Saturday, and that you guys are going to a ordinary dinner party on Thursday (or out to dinner with friends, to a movie, somewhere with a family member, etc). That''s where you surprise her. After work you both get ready for the "friend''s dinner party." You get in the car and start driving. But instead of going to your friends'' house, you take her to a romantic spot and propose. Or to a fancy restaurant. Or to a beautiful hotel where you''ve rented a room for the night and have roses and chocolate and champagne waiting, and you propose there, etc.

Or instead of the fake dinner party, you can arrange to go to a movie with her on Thursday or Friday night. She won''t think anything is out of the ordinary. But when you get in the theatre and the movie starts, you can have a short movie play about the 2 of you and your life together, and then you can propose.

You''d have to arrange this with the theatre somehow. But a really cool idea with something like that would be to have other people in the audience -- they can be friends and family. They can get there early, and have the lights go dark when you guys walk in so she doesn''t recognize people. Or just have them sit far enough away from where you sit so that she doesn''t see them right away. Then afterwards you can celebrate with friends and family and go to dinner or have drinks or dessert or something.

Or you can secretly arrange to whisk her away from work and then propose. You can do something like have her daughter call her at work, and pretend she has some sort of big problem (probably best to pre-arrange something like that with one of her co-workers or boss). Her daughter can say she got hurt at school, or she''s really sick or something. Something so that your girlfriend needs to leave work and come home. But when she gets home, instead of her daughter being hurt, you''ve filled the entire house with flowers and candles and romantic things, and you''re there to propose to her. And you can surprise her with a romantic dinner to celebrate, maybe with a limo, definitely get a baby sitter for the night or have the kids stay with a friend/family member. So she will be completely surprised.

I know having her daughter pretend to be hurt isn''t the best idea, but I''m just thinking off the top of my head.
2.gif

I know my suggestions aren''t major ideas like a hot air balloon or proposing on the Eiffel Tower, but I think you''ll be able to surprise her if you throw her off the track by something like that I suggested above. You can incorporate all sorts or romantic and special elements to it after you figure out how to surprise her.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I also think the easiest way to surprise her is to propose earlier than she expects. When my husband proposed, he told me the ring would take about 4 weeks and that he''d made dinner reservations for around that time. I thought the surprise was completely ruined but then he completely shocked me popping the question weeks earlier, when i least expected it. Even if your girlfriend knows that you already have the ring, you can do something similar.

cpsmaxima

Rough_Rock
I did the "ring won''t be ready until" story also. She was TOTALLY SUPRISED! I also had my friend suggest dinner too.

Good Luck!

Hansel

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 4:17:00 PM
Author: ebmolldrem
I have a friend who told his girlfriend he was going to propose within 6 months. He waited until the last week. She was on edge, expecting a proposal at any given time. He decided to surprise her one morning by yelling from within the house, ''Look at this spider, it''s HUGE!!!'' knowing she didn''t like spiders. She came running down to see, and he was there on one knee with the ring in hand. It made for a funny story and she was really suprised. Afterwards, she said it was the happiest day of her life. It''s a simple idea, but I''ll throw it out there. Good luck!
1.gif

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD EVER...

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend and I are in the same situation and I''m really hard to surprise anyway.

Here''s a funny story about my friend''s proposal. She was in the same situation also and knew he already had the ring. One day, she called me and said he was taking to her to the nicest restaurant in the area and she was so excited because he would definitely ask her that night. All through dinner, she was anxious and he even said "i want to ask you something." She thought that would be it, but he asked her about having dinner with his friends that weekend. She went home really disappointed, but the next morning he brought her breakfast in bed with a ring box sitting in the middle of it. Needless to say, she was surprised!

So maybe try something like that. Plan something that would make think you were going to do it, and then do it when she leasts expects it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results