shape
carat
color
clarity

Shaving an eternity band to make it bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Question for everyone,

My aunt gifted me a GORGEOUS eternity band that she no longer wears. I feel so special - I have an eternity band that was my Ering and she thought the two would look nice together
30.gif
30.gif
and they do!

however, the band she gave me is 6 3/4 and i wear a 7 or a 7 1/4. I can get it on my finger, but it''s snug and with the two together it''s uncomfortable. On days when my fingers are small (i can vary a whole size depending on the temperature) they are fine, but on warmer or more swollen days, i can''t wear them. I REALLY don''t want to change the setting, because it''s an antique and so gorgeous and unique.

I took the ring to my jeweler and asked her about shaving down the inside of the ring to fit me - i really only need a quarter or half size. She said the jeweler said no to this the last time a customer asked. The setting has a LOT of metal, and i think it could be done. Do you all think this is possible? If she comes back and says the jewler won''t do it, is there a place i could possibly send it?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of pictures for reference....Both rings together.....

betys ring 9140.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot! that wasn''t the right one and it''s blurry - here''s the one where you can see it - my original ering is on the bottom, and the new gifted ring is on top - so pretty!

betys ring9142.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is dark, but i shows the side of the ring so you can see (a little) how much metal is involved in the setting....

betys ring 9412.jpg

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered switching the band. Putting the new one on first. I find that if I wear the smaller band on the inside I am okay. It might work. Other wise if that jewler says no you can always get a second opinion.

good luck, they are VERY pretty together.
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks luvmybling! I have tried wearing the smaller ring inside, and it''s still too tight on most days
8.gif
-- i can always get a second opinion if they say no.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results