shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing the direction I'm headed with new rings

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to share the style rings I found work for me.

I didn't gravitate to delicate rings due to my age and my less than delicate hands.( Sz 8 - 8.5)

Either way, I respect the community here and thought I'd show the pictures of the rings I am going to have custom made.

The cushion shape halo mounting has a total width of 2mm around the center stone.
The center stone in the image is a 3ct CZ.

Call me crazy but I'm going to be meeting with a designer in NYC that I found on Instagram! Yikes, this is scary. Some of the favored vendors here on PS have either asked me to move on to someone else or politely told me they would rather not go the direction I'm headed. That is fine and I understand but it does shake my confidence.

The wedding bands have the perfect width to wear together or alone. Sorry but I don't know the width but they are about 6-7mm.

One band I like is a double row with smaller stones interspersed in between fitting like a puzzle. It has a gentle scallop look.

The emerald cut eternity band is divine and I would maintain the cushion shape for the mounting if I choose that design. The emeralds are .25 - .28 carats each.
I am starting to wonder if I can use round diamonds rather than emerald cut and use a cushion shape halo around those. I attached an image of a sapphire ring from Joe Escobar showing that style.

Still trying to decide between the two styles.

Thanks for reading.

3pt_or_2mm_halo_in_cushion_shape.jpg

escobar_diamonds_fr_pave.jpg

emerald_cut_with_split_shank_round_halo.jpg

anniversary_ring_.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the halo setting just fine. I'd prefer to have it handforged by Victor or Steven because quality is so important with pave. I would strongly advise not even considering a ringmaker than you don't have a lot of long term references for especially for a pave ring.

As far as the bands go, to be honest, I think the multi-stone round is just overkill. Just too much going on. I don't think any of the other rings go with the e-ring at all. I think a substantial band of rounds (single row) is the best option with your e-ring design. It would need to be low set, but a band of around 15-20 pointers would be quite impressive and hopefully give you the width you want.

Here's a Tiffany 2.86 ctw band of around 15 pointers and 3.7mm wide. Obviously you could have this ring made for far less, but it needs to be very low set.

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/shared-setting-band-ring-GRP00318?fromGrid=1&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+616859-s+5-r+101323351-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=616859&trackgridpos=,#p+1-n+10000-c+616859-s+5-r+101323351-t+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+false+2-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0%2B6

Your e-ring design is very bold and blingy, and that is why I would go with a substantial, but more simple design on the wedding band.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see style as personal taste, growing up in the UK all I ever saw was wide wedding bands with narrow engagement rings. Although these dainty rings are in just now, in another 5 years the more elaborate large metal look style will probably be back. I love your first photo Mrs T and as you said you have size 9 fingers. Being a size 4 myself I envy people who can wear large spread style rings as when they are made smaller the good look is lost.

Personal preference is what is right, everyone suits themselves. Infact all ring styles the vendors sell here are far more elaborate than what UK peeps are wearing, and that is without diamond size. When I looked I only liked 2 at Whiteflash because to me all others were too elaborate and fancy unless I was wearing it as a dress ring to an event.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the big & blingy look!!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the first set! It looks exquisite!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shake your confidence? No way. :))

You've made a significant investment. Get exactly what YOU want...for sure, it is available!

And when you do, come back and show us. B/C you know what they say.....Go BIG or ... :cheeky: :bigsmile: :appl:

You'll rock it!

cheers--Sharon

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
It's so nice to get some feedback. Thank you so much! I appreciate the opinions offered.

Throughout this process of ring shopping I have come to see that there are many factors that go into your choice.
Things like lifestyle, age, finger size, region, sentiment....I'm sure there is much more.

One thing that I think we need more attention in the marketing area is showing e-rings with wedding rings.
I know many prefer to wear their rings on separate hands but many like to wear them together. It would be nice if designers would show their mountings with various wedding bands on hands. At least PS helps out here with member's contributions.

DS-I love your rings. Before I make my decision I plan to revisit the idea of substantial single row wedding band.

Pyramid- interesting observation showing how region influences choice.

Below is the image that inspired this whole idea of a wider wedding bands worn with e-ring.

Thanks again for chiming in. I will certainly post the final choice. I know I'm getting close to a decision.

Best,
MrsT

emerald_eternity_with_halo_ring.jpg

guiliana_eternity.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know you wanted to see IRL hand pictures of rings + bands. Here is a very old picture (and a poor one at that) of my ER and eternity band. Not a halo but three stone ring (radiant 5.01 + 1.12 ctw sides) and a 6.25 ctw asscher eternity ring. Decent finger coverage, no?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/[/URL]

In fact here is a better thread with different styles of wedding bands with my ER...variety of style with some wide bands....

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/canuk-gal-your-princess-wb.169809/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/canuk-gal-your-princess-wb.169809/[/URL]

cheers--Sharon

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sharon! Beautiful rings. Love, love, love, that eternity band of asschers.

I've even started to wonder why I bought an RB when I love square cuts so much.

This got me thinking about simplifying the ring and going for a step cut eternity. Would that work with a RB?

Just saw this one today and thought it was very unique.

16a86cc107c10ed98246ea73f2585b55.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results