shape
carat
color
clarity

Shared Prong VS Bar Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I have pretty much decided to go with Signed Pieces for my wedding band. My only issue now is which one to go with: shared prong or bar set? The two I am looking at are below. Does anyone know what the difference is between these two as far as looks and durability? Any suggestions?

pvss01.JPG

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
My ring for reference:

21707ring.jpg

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
A bigger picture of the two rings:

Bvs02.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Is there any way to try them on (or at least their styles) with your ring? Have you asked Facets what they think, if so what do they say?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t tried both rings from Facets, but I have tried on both shared prong and bar set rings.

The difference is the amount of metal between each stone. There is less metal in the shared prong setting than in the bar setting. In the bar setting it looks like each diamond is almost tension set (thus a "bar" between each stone) while the shared prong has two small prongs holding each stone in place.

I think with your e-ring the bar set would match better, but that''s just my opinion. I guess it just depends on how much metal you want to see. If you want a more diamond/less metal look, go with the shared prong.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora! I have tried on similar rings and they both look good, so that is making it hard to decide. At one point I thought a channel set would be the way to go, but after trying on a couple, I think I like the shared prong/bar set look better.

I called SP and I was told that the biggest difference is the bar set has more metal between the diamonds and the shared prong diamonds sit closer together. He said that as far as diamond loss goes (which I was concerned about), neither one is worse or better than the other. With that in mind, I do believe I will go with the shared prong (plus it's cheaper!
9.gif
). If it's not what I want, I can always return it and try the bar set.
1.gif

ETA: Was posting at the same time Pebbles! Thanks for the info. I think I want a bit more diamond than metal, plus with the shared prong being a bit cheaper, I think I will at least try it first.
face23.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
If there is no difference as far as durability, I would get the shared prong one since I like the look better. And if it''s cheaper, much better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results