shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your wedding vows

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I would love to read what everyone else has chosen as their wedding vows, or what you are thinking of for your wedding vows. DH and I spent a long time coming up with ours together and I think it would have been a massive inspiration to have been able to read want all of you lovely ladies had in mind as well.

Our vows are as follows. The first line of each for-fills the legal requirement of a marriage ceremony in NZ.

Mr 4ever's vows:
I Mr 4ever love you, 4ever, and I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife.
I feel blessed everyday that we are together and I promise to take each day with you as it comes, with the laughter, tears, joy, frustration, the good times and the bad.
I promise to respect you as your own person, understanding that your needs and desires are no less important than my own.
I promise to be patient with you, to always encourage you, appreciating and valuing all that makes you unique.
I promise to be the best that I can be, to make us the best that we can be.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all that I have to give, completely and forever.

4evers Vows:
I 4ever love you, Mr 4ever, and I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband.
I promise to give you the best of myself, to pull you close with all that I do, and to prioritize us above all else.
In times when frustrations and difficulties assail our relationship, I promise to focus on what is right between us, not only the part which seems wrong.
I promise to keep myself open to you, to always be truthful and honest and to share with you all my fears, feelings, secrets and dreams.
I promise to continue to grow along with you, to experience new things and face new challenges in order to keep our relationship fresh and exciting.
You are my best friend, my soul mate and I promise to love you always.

.....I cried a lot while reading mine. It was not a pretty cry. I have photos. lol

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
It is likely that DF and I will both cry, so I promised him no more than three or four lines. We're still in the process of tweaking ours, but I will post them after the big day!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing. We want to write our own vows, but I haven't really thought about it yet. Do you do it together, Or is it more of a surprise?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate said:
Thanks for sharing. We want to write our own vows, but I haven't really thought about it yet. Do you do it together, Or is it more of a surprise?

I think you can do either. I know some people surprise each other with them but DH and I worked on the whole ceremony together so it made sense to work out vows together.

affguy

Shiny_Rock
4ever|1340741667|3223997 said:
Phdecorate said:

I think you can do either. I know some people surprise each other with them but DH and I worked on the whole ceremony together so it made sense to work out vows together.

My bride and I want our's to have a bit of a surprise feel to them, but still be generally similar in tone and length so neither of us overshadows the other. What we did was write them individually, then gave copies to our officiant to go over and make sure we were in the same ballpark as each other (plus that gives him a copy to help us through them if we need it, though he did admit to crying when he read mine, so not sure how much help he'll be!). Wedding is in 6 weeks, I'll post mine afterwards.

affguy

Shiny_Rock
Wedding went really well last weekend. We each made a set of personal vows, then responded "I do" to a more traditional collection. Mine (guy's) were as follows.

MrsAffGuy, I love you, and today I choose you as my wife.
I promise to stand behind you and support you in getting all you can from life,
And I'll step in front of you and take the hits when life fights back.
I will strive to always be a good man for you, and I’ll try to bring out the best in you whenever I can.
I will honor and respect you, always be honest, and every day try to deserve your love.
I will open jars for you, get things down from tall places, fix stuff that you break, and carry you to bed at night
I will try to ensure your tears of happiness and laughter always vastly outnumber your tears of sadness.
My heart, trust, friendship and all that I am are your's from this day forward
MrsAffGuy, today I choose to become your husband, and to love you, unconditionally, for the rest of my days.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Our vows (my permutation of many examples read online):

I ______ , choose you, ______ to be my lawfully wedded wife/husband.
I promise to love you unconditionally and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.
I vow to honor and respect you for all that you are and all that you will become.
From the bottom of my heart I pledge this to you today and all the days to come.

We repeated this when exchanging rings:

With this ring I thee wed, in token and pledge as a symbol of my abiding love and faithfulness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results