shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your experience with the energy of your precious gems!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
As an offshoot from the show me your CS thread, here is a place to share your preferences, experiences and questions about the energetic properties of coloured stones!!

No judgement and no right/wrong opinions - just space to discuss :sun:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome thread idea, Mondayschild! Today I’m wearing a labradorite necklace....along with other things. I chose a Siberian white nephrite jade bangle from my bangle collection . This particular nephrite jade has a very back to center feeling. As we travel through the day, it reminds me to honor the center...and it’s very soothing, like deep Mother Earth welcoming energy.

The labradorite is a stone which has a lot of ‘shadow’ in it. I think of it like Jungian shadow, which is much of our richness which is stored in the subconscious, away from direct consciousness for ego integrity. But if we dig into it, there is tremendous treasure and richness in what we fear and hold apart. I feel that it helps me reconnect to and reembody that which remains nebulous, It also has that flash of light, which always makes me feel that it is a stimulating stone, which provides ‘ light in the dark places’, and ‘eyes to peer into the dark and see what it holds’. So for me it’s a stone which straddles the consciousness. Thankfully, for me this experience is not jarring, but very gentle with this stone, which I appreciate.

Last edited:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This makes me think of my grandmother's diamond. She has three during her marriage. I was given her second one. It was worthless really and she was not a sentimental person. That stone had such bad energy I had to give it away. I hoped donating it would change the energy. I smudged it, I rolled it in salt, I tried to "ask" the bad energy to leave, but nothing. It is the only thing if hers I had that reaction to.

I have been on a kyanite kick because it reflects bad energy. In my line of work I need that!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me think of my grandmother's diamond. She has three during her marriage. I was given her second one. It was worthless really and she was not a sentimental person. That stone had such bad energy I had to give it away. I hoped donating it would change the energy. I smudged it, I rolled it in salt, I tried to "ask" the bad energy to leave, but nothing. It is the only thing if hers I had that reaction to.

I have been on a kyanite kick because it reflects bad energy. In my line of work I need that!
That’s so interesting! I have had pieces like that. Eventually I’ve given them away or sold them because I never wore them. Some gems do have a negative energy.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an interesting thread.
I have always thought that jewelry can have a certain energy, good or bad.
I have worn my jadite bangle continuously since 2006.
It's not superior quality but it has withstood the test of time! I can remove it, but I would rather not. It has become a part of me, and I don't feel 'right' without it. It is comforting on a level that I can't explain. I often think of upgrading my bangle, but then I would have to set this one aside! I would be uncomfortable doing that.
When I wear certain gems, I feel a connection with them, and certain gems really speak to me, specifically sapphire, my birthstone.
I did a school report on birthstones in the 6th grade (1975), so the birthstone concept goes way back for me!

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an emerald ring, which I only wear on best occasions as a RHR but it always gives me a feeling a calmness. Don’t know why though it is such a pretty green and I find it very soothing. I have lots and lots of rings yet it is the only one that “speaks to me”. It was weird when I bought it, I had absolutely no intention of buying an emerald ring, yet I went home with it.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Awesome thread idea, Mondayschild! Today I’m wearing a labradorite necklace....along with other things. I chose a Siberian white nephrite jade bangle from my bangle collection . This particular nephrite jade has a very back to center feeling. As we travel through the day, it reminds me to honor the center...and it’s very soothing, like deep Mother Earth welcoming energy.

The labradorite is a stone which has a lot of ‘shadow’ in it. I think of it like Jungian shadow, which is much of our richness which is stored in the subconscious, away from direct consciousness for ego integrity. But if we dig into it, there is tremendous treasure and richness in what we fear and hold apart. I feel that it helps me reconnect to and reembody that which remains nebulous, It also has that flash of light, which always makes me feel that it is a stimulating stone, which provides ‘ light in the dark places’, and ‘eyes to peer into the dark and see what it holds’. So for me it’s a stone which straddles the consciousness. Thankfully, for me this experience is not jarring, but very gentle with this stone, which I appreciate.

Yes I agree - my experience of Labradorite (wore a pendant daily for many years straight!) is that it provides those flashes of insight and is really useful in meditation/other spiritual practice (if that's your thing)

Very mystical and powerful - but not "heavy".

Wow, I had the same feeling with a second hand rose quartz ring - bought from a market in the UK. It was pretty to handle but whenever I wore it I felt immediately terrible - defied logical explanation. I gave it away and the receiver never had that experience.

Police force? Psychology? I find kyanite, like lapis lazuli, very protective too. Boundary setting.

This is an interesting thread.
I have always thought that jewelry can have a certain energy, good or bad.
I have worn my jadite bangle continuously since 2006.
It's not superior quality but it has withstood the test of time! I can remove it, but I would rather not. It has become a part of me, and I don't feel 'right' without it. It is comforting on a level that I can't explain. I often think of upgrading my bangle, but then I would have to set this one aside! I would be uncomfortable doing that.
When I wear certain gems, I feel a connection with them, and certain gems really speak to me, specifically sapphire, my birthstone.
I did a school report on birthstones in the 6th grade (1975), so the birthstone concept goes way back for me!

That's lovely that you have a treasured piece. It works on a subconscious level.

Do you wear Sapphire every day? do you feel the same way about sapphires of different colours - i.e. is it same feeling or does colour impact it? My birthstone is peridot and I find it very grounding.

I have an emerald ring, which I only wear on best occasions as a RHR but it always gives me a feeling a calmness. Don’t know why though it is such a pretty green and I find it very soothing. I have lots and lots of rings yet it is the only one that “speaks to me”. It was weird when I bought it, I had absolutely no intention of buying an emerald ring, yet I went home with it.

So beautiful! I wonder what the history of the stone is ..... but it found you!

For me - my most powerful connections have been with blue topaz I had as pair of earrings - sadly no idea where they are now after moving multiple times in past few years, and citrine really gives me a "jolt" of energy (so i can't wear it much).

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That’s so interesting! I have had pieces like that. Eventually I’ve given them away or sold them because I never wore them. Some gems do have a negative energy.
The Roma believe all items belongings to a person should be burned after they die or else the owner will "come back" to get the item. Hence me not having many family items. I think she was attached to the stone in a way. It will is amazing how much better I felt when it was gone!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Monday, have you tried keeping citrine in your purse or are your desk so it is around you but a little removed so it does not have as strong an email effect?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must always buy my jewellery “pre loved”. I feel that lovely pieces of jewellery were once important and special to someone and I like to honour that by continuing to cherish them. I do have unset gems and I’ve had gems set into jewellery but I don’t feel as connected to them as I do the items “with history”. I have quite a collection of ladies vintage watches, I went through a stage (on eBay) where every watch listed as “for scrap” I had to rescue. Maybe I’m a bit odd, but I like to honour and respect the effort and craftsmanship of times gone by.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Monday, have you tried keeping citrine in your purse or are your desk so it is around you but a little removed so it does not have as strong an email effect?

No, haven't done so. But that is a good thought.

I must always buy my jewellery “pre loved”. I feel that lovely pieces of jewellery were once important and special to someone and I like to honour that by continuing to cherish them. I do have unset gems and I’ve had gems set into jewellery but I don’t feel as connected to them as I do the items “with history”. I have quite a collection of ladies vintage watches, I went through a stage (on eBay) where every watch listed as “for scrap” I had to rescue. Maybe I’m a bit odd, but I like to honour and respect the effort and craftsmanship of times gone by.

I don't think that's odd - my favourite item is a vintage ring with small oec.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love many vintage and antique jewelry items and most have had a good energy, but I’ve had some negative energy from one item which contains a peridot. I did some things to ‘cleanse’ it, but energy still feels a bit ‘off’. It’s very subtle, but I tend to feel badly by the end of the day wearing it. It’s a gorgeous piece and my husband would be upset if I wanted to part with it because it was a romantic gift which he was inspired about....sigh.

While I do not believe in gem-voodoo and -healing, I'm absolutely sure that certain gems with their particular memories, history and persons associated to them, do produce 'energy'. Further, it is proofed science that different colors have different psychological effects on people. Assuming that you'll look at the color on your finger many times a day, then it should have an influence on you.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
While I do not believe in gem-voodoo and -healing, I'm absolutely sure that certain gems with their particular memories, history and persons associated to them, do produce 'energy'. Further, it is proofed science that different colors have different psychological effects on people. Assuming that you'll look at the color on your finger many times a day, then it should have an influence on you.

Yes- we aren't commenting on validity of Crystal healing/alternative modalities just personal experiences & chat ;)2

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My in laws own a large museum and shop with fossils, minerals, crystals gemstones etc. The crystal healing people believe to "cleanse" stones and some jewellery properly you are supposed to either sit them outside under a full moon and then wash them in natural spring or mineral water or bury them in the earth leading up to and including a full moon and then wash them in natural spring or mineral water. The full moon is supposed to clean away old energy and "recharge" crystals and gemstones with more positive energy.

The two stones my mother in law really pushes for healing are labradorite and non magnetic hematite.

I think all stones have different energy. Again crystal healers believe that the ones we are attracted to the most are the stones that are supposed to help us with something that is either lacking or needs to be healed within us, so if we walked into a shop with a lot of crystals, minerals and gemstones, we naturally pick out the stones that somehow help us anyway.

Last edited:

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had this gorgeous antique diamond band that I bought online. I didn't feel anything negative about the ring, but while I was pregnant with my last child, I wore it the whole pregnancy. It was too loose to wear before I had gotten pregnant.

I had a hard pregnancy. Things weren't so great with my marriage. I felt so distant from my husband the entire pregnancy, I didn't know if things were going to go back to normal.

After I had my baby, things got better and I was so happy to have my new baby, and my marriage was great again, But everytime I wore that diamond band, I kept thinking about how I felt and all the feelings I had about my marriage while I was pregnant.

I know it had nothing to do with the ring but I didn't want to remember those feelings. I sold the band and didn't really care about losing it.

Looking back, I really could have just kept it in my jewelry box. It was a gorgeous ring. But I kept finding myself not wanting to wear it.

My husband recently bought me a ring I can never see selling or not wanting to wear because I feel it has brought me good luck and I reach for it every single day.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
My in laws own a large museum and shop with fossils, minerals, crystals gemstones.

The full moon is supposed to clean away old energy and "recharge" crystals and gemstones with more positive energy.

I think all stones have different energy.

How cool! I've always gravitated to museums and places with a huge range of different fossils & gems. I have a reasonable collection of non-jewelery related "specimens". My 2 boys (under 10) are starting to get interested.

.....and i have been known to "moon bathe" some of mine ;-)

I had this gorgeous antique diamond band that I bought online. I didn't feel anything negative about the ring, but while I was pregnant with my last child, I wore it the whole pregnancy. It was too loose to wear before I had gotten pregnant.

I had a hard pregnancy. Things weren't so great with my marriage. I felt so distant from my husband the entire pregnancy, I didn't know if things were going to go back to normal.

After I had my baby, things got better and I was so happy to have my new baby, and my marriage was great again, But everytime I wore that diamond band, I kept thinking about how I felt and all the feelings I had about my marriage while I was pregnant.

I know it had nothing to do with the ring but I didn't want to remember those feelings. I sold the band and didn't really care about losing it.

Looking back, I really could have just kept it in my jewelry box. It was a gorgeous ring. But I kept finding myself not wanting to wear it.

My husband recently bought me a ring I can never see selling or not wanting to wear because I feel it has brought me good luck and I reach for it every single day.

I love that!! Yes sometimes things get tied up in bad experiences and it's too hard to disconnect them. Im glad you have a beautiful good luck charm from your husband ! (Oh & pregnancy & the postpartum period are so tough!! It's a huge transition)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are certain gems that I am drawn too. For example chrysoberyls, diamonds and spinels. I could find almost exact replica's in other stones that would be much less expensive- yet I need these gems to be authentic. I find they do have a certain energy that I respond to.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are certain gems that I am drawn too. For example chrysoberyls, diamonds and spinels. I could find almost exact replica's in other stones that would be much less expensive- yet I need these gems to be authentic. I find they do have a certain energy that I respond to.
Yes! That’s true for me too, except I’m drawn to blue sapphires, lavender/blueishjadeite, moonstones and other feldspars, aqua, emerald, spessartite garnets and pearls and turquoise. I definitely feel particularly drawn to these. It’s not just about how they look.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz I think your collection is fabulous. I drool over your collection pictures. I should add I am drawn to spessartite garnets and moonstones as well. I do not have one moonstone in my collection but I do love them. Wouldn't it be stunning to have a spessie garnet flanked by moonstones in a ring or pendant? Both the sun and the moon in one piece.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz I think your collection is fabulous. I drool over your collection pictures. I should add I am drawn to spessartite garnets and moonstones as well. I do not have one moonstone in my collection but I do love them. Wouldn't it be stunning to have a spessie garnet flanked by moonstones in a ring or pendant? Both the sun and the moon in one piece.
Lisa, I feel the same way about your collection! Thank you for the complimen. Like you, I’ve slways been drawn to chrysoberyl, especially cats eye, but have not yet had the chance to buy one. You’ve really inspired me with your beautiful chrosoberyl ring! I think that combo of spessartite garnets with maybe golden moonstones would be awesome and unique. What a great idea!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to admit. I'm a magpie and love most colours and sparkly stones. Except citrine, brown and too much green. It's an aversion I have no explanation for and has been so since I was a kid.

My dear mum is into yoga, meditation, crystals, cleansing, energy etc. I'm the total opposite and pretty oblivious. She doesn't like too much green too.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it is interesting to look at my etsy favorites. I can literally see phases of stones I have been stalking. I think what you seek out reflects what you are needing at the time. So lately (as you all know) I am obsessed with star stones. I think I literally need wanderlust. Then I look at when I was obsessed with citrine and it coincides when I was "needing" something else in my life.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my experience with the energy of my precious gems:

Unless they are held at Absolute Zero, (zero degrees Kelvin, about -460 F) my gems have some thermal energy.

Right now my my gems have potential energy.
I put this energy into them when I did the work (against gravity) of lifting them up and placing them somewhere above ground.
Since they could fall they have what physicists call potential energy.
When I place them on the ground they no longer have potential energy.
If I place them on the ground at the edge of the Grand Canyon I think they acquire the energy of a Zen koan. :think:

If I drop my gems their potential energy gets converted into kinetic energy.
When they hit the ground their kinetic energy is converted to mechanical energy, acoustic energy, a bit of thermal energy and probably some other forms of energy I'm too lazy to look up.

My gems have chemical energy in the bonds that hold their atoms together.

I don't own a sample, but a quartz crystal exhibits an interesting energy phenomenon, the piezoelectric effect.
When flexed it produces a voltage.
Conversely when a voltage is applied, it flexes.
Cut it to just the right shape and size and apply just the right voltage and it vibrates and a specific frequency that electronics can reduce to precisely one vibration every second.
Brilliantly and astoundingly, this makes a $10 quartz watch many times more accurate than my mechanical Rolex or even Dancing Fire's septillion-dollar watch.

Science is a great thing, especially since it welcomes being proven wrong when new and better evidence comes along.

Read about other forms of energy my gems have here ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forms_of_energy

I want to believe as many true things as possible and as few false things possible.
How does one determine what's true? ... Sufficient evidence.
That's why I don't do faith.
Faith is the excuse people give for believing something when there isn't sufficient evidence.
That's why I don't do superstitions, religions, or believe in magic, astrology, etc..
I don't believe in things because they feel good or comforting (eternal life myths) or seem cool (my amethyst cured my cancer).

I realize caring that what I believe is true puts me in a shrinking minority in today's world.
People vary.

Last edited:

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - I don't think anyone is suggesting a piece of Amethyst cured anyone's cancer. I'm not one of the avid Crystal healing people but we do know from a scientific point of view that gemstones all have different chemical compositions they also emit small amounts of various different vibrations or energy. And that they have been used for thousands of years by various different races to heal, to poison, to protect, in ceremonies, as decorations, as things of worship, and to do a whole host of things.

I think if someone picks up a crystal or a gemstone and they feel better, it uplifts there mood then so be it. I also think there is a lot we as humans simply don't know about how things like the energy of stones work upon us.

I'll give you a different example. I thought for many years that people that see Auras was pure B/S. Then I went to Uni with a guy who is now a head of an economics department at an Australian University. Brilliant guy and a rationalist. He wasn't into hocus pocus, religion or anything particular spiritual at all. Yet whenever I was sick he would say to me are you sick today? Your aura has changed. Are you taking medication your aura has changed. Yes the guy claims he could see everyone's auras like coloured spheres around every single person he met. And every time I was sick or something was off he could see it and identify it before I mentioned anything to him. I can't explain that neither could he. And he wasn't the type of person that made a living from or enjoyed inventing what he could see.

I've been able to divine for water my whole life and I can't explain why I just can. All of these things have made me consider over the years that there are undoubtedly things that not all of us can see let alone understand.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
....When they hit the ground their kinetic energy is converted to mechanical energy, acoustic energy, a bit of thermal energy and probably some other forms of energy I'm too lazy to look up.

You shock me - surely continual, relentless enquiry is the realm of the evidence based crystal connoisseur !!! No laziness allowed ;)2

People vary.

That they do. And that difference is what makes the world go round (notwithstanding gravitational forces etc. etc. GULP)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results