shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your dream home...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I would LOVE to own and live in a federation home with a verandah surrounding the whole house! A nice backyard and a rose garden at the front is necessary too
9.gif

What''s yours?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cindy - I just saw this. I''d actually would be torn. Part of me has always wanted a Victorian Savannah home exterior, with large wrap around porches, and all hardwood floors inside. I''d want all antique furniture, with a large dining room with lots of windows, and a huge kitchen with an island in the center. I''d want the living room to be spacious, with windows looking out on at least one side, and bookshelves. And I want a bathroom that has a jacuzzi tub, a separate "Loo" and a step down wrap around shower ROOM. My friend''s FI''s parents actually have THE house but I''d want to expand on the living area of theirs just a bit.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I love smaller homes - cozy bungalows and colonials. I also really love open floor plans, though. I could be happy with an older flat, as well. I just love old homes/flats - they just have a very distinct feel that I don''t think you can top.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I both love modern architecture and design, so something pretty modern but not like, spaceship-like
2.gif
We love the contrast of unique/modern architecture combined with traditional and natural elements inside. I love lots of glass and steel and a fabulous view of ocean and/or mountains wouldn''t hurt either!
31.gif
A girl can dream...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm drawn to two very different styles of homes.

My first dream house is a sprawling prairie style home. I love those long, low lines and the open layouts.

My second is a big, white farmhouse with a huge front porch and black shutters.

I love both Prairie and country decor, it's really difficult to figure out which direction I want to take in our home, as they are both so different. Either way, my dream home would be surrounded by some seriously beautiful wooded land.

Here are pictures of my two dream homes. On the left is FLW's Fallingwater in Pennsylvania. On the right is a photo I found on countryliving.com, I believe.

HavensDreamHouses.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to have a log house. A huge one with the main area in the center and 2 "wings" or whatever that are on each side but at an angle to the main area. I saw a floor plan like that once and loved it. Full basement under the house, covered porch all around the house. Lots of windows. A 2nd story loft area for ME with floor to ceiling built in bookshelves, a computer area and a place to scrapbook..and some comfy chairs to relax w/my bff while the kids play or just so I can hang out by myself and read. JD could have a Man Room in the basement and a custom gun room. Kids could have rooms down there and we could have one of the side wings. Garage would be the other side wing maybe.

Wood floors, wood cabinets..lots of grain. Dr''s house is all wood inside and out-heck I think even the ceilings are wood and it is spectacular.

It would be on a large acreage, with 3 or so rows of trees/honeysucke/lilacs or something planted all around the outside of the acreage as a windbreak and also for excellent privacy. Lots of flowers and plants and walkways..and a gazebo.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Maine. Rocky seashore. Remote. Built in the 1800''s with wide pine floors and original cabinets. I''ve always wanted a house near a lighthouse, but after seeing some I now realize that it''s not the best idea if you want any sleep at night, so maybe one in the far distance.

E B

Ideal_Rock
A beachfront home in Hawaii. Huge second-story covered deck facing the ocean. Private beach. Large windows.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Love Victorian homes...but when the kids move out, I''d love to downsize to a log cabin, in the woods...with some kind of lake nearby. Quiet and romantic!
21.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A white craftsman home, 2 stories, with hardwood floors and wood accents on the wall. Tons of character. Doesn't have to be big, but I would love a floor plan that allowed maximum use of the space.

But for now....I just rented a 3 bedroom/2 bath brick home built in the 60's. The landlords use to live in it, so they completely updated it. It has tile floors in the living and family room, hardwood floors in the kitchen, a walk in pantry, and a walk in closet with cedar lined walls. The family room has a exposed brick in it which I thought was cool.

I don't know what i am going to do with the formal living/dining area. It is way more space than I need and I don't want to buy a formal dining room table for a rental.

But I am excited about the rest of it.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''d love a nice old villa home, early 1900''s which has been really well upkept on the outside and has a completly modern interior and is in a nicer centeral location. Big enough for a small family with a desent sized back yard.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
ahh, Haven I LOVE that old white house you posted. I would love to have a house like that, or a beach cottage. Well, while we''re dreaming, I will just take both
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:07:13 PM
Author: EBree
A beachfront home in Hawaii. Huge second-story covered deck facing the ocean. Private beach. Large windows.
THAT would be my Dream house too!!!!!!!
36.gif
Seriously, that would be heaven on earth for me
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sigh,

A three story georgian manor home on a 50 acre estate with no neighbours within a 50 mile radius.

Like that is ever going to happen...
853597ayjb2rhwhy.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to have a sprawling spanish style house with full casita in the back and a central courtyard with long stretches of arched walkways and a pool.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

As long as we''re dreaming, I''ll take one of those too, please!
9.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 6:54:29 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

9.gif
I don''t think there would be any problem finding a third home like that, do you??
33.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love most older homes, early 1900s late 1800s, Bungalow/Craftsman, Prairie School, etc. I prefer urban to suburban and rural communities. Hard wood floors, a large porch, a yard large enough for my husband to garden and our future kiddo to play in a location that is walkable (restaurants, shopping, parks, etc.).

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Kimberly.

My somewhat reality dream home is in an historic neighborhood with some views of the Mississippi, winding roads, craftsman preferable..DH and I fell in love with the neighborhood the second we moved here, but it''s a mix of victorian to modern. I just hope the right house in that neighborhood goes for sale when we''re ready to move someday!

In my dream world, I have a FLW prairie home, maybe in Oak Park. I''ve been in love with the Dana House since I was in HS. I could live there, no problem:

dana_thomas_house.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
like this except with a porch on 1 side and back.
The back porch would be screened with a stone fireplace and built in grill and a small waterfall.
The center would be living room and kitchen with a loft for 2 guest rooms and bathroom.
One side would be 2 bedrooms/master bath/walk in shower and the other would be office, laundry room, storage room and bathroom w/ tub/shower.
Would have a full basement.

AA03.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up in my dream home, but I don''t think I''ll ever end up in one like it again! (6k sq. ft. brick Dutch colonial on a 7-acre lot surrounded by 60+ acres of land). My parents are still inhabiting it and I visit often, but they are in the process of getting it ready to sell as it is just too much for them at their age.

I would love several things. I love multiple story oceanfront Victorian homes, a la Seaside, FL...the town where The Truman Show was made. I love beautiful log homes here in southern IN...I love brick Georgians, I love Queen Annes, I love red brick anything, really. But dreaming and living are two different things. I think what would make me most happy is something under 3k sq. ft. on a nice piece of wooded property somewhere here in the midwest as far as rearing children and being close to my family and friends at this point.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 3:39:02 PM
Author: Haven
I''m drawn to two very different styles of homes.

My first dream house is a sprawling prairie style home. I love those long, low lines and the open layouts.

My second is a big, white farmhouse with a huge front porch and black shutters.

I love both Prairie and country decor, it''s really difficult to figure out which direction I want to take in our home, as they are both so different. Either way, my dream home would be surrounded by some seriously beautiful wooded land.

Here are pictures of my two dream homes. On the left is FLW''s Fallingwater in Pennsylvania. On the right is a photo I found on countryliving.com, I believe.
Ohmygosh
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I could never choose..!
I like everything from Australian federation style homes with bull nose verandahs and huge porches..

To 3 story Green homes made of all recycled timbers, with sustainable energy etc, with a "bringing the outside in" aesthetic (would have to be in or near a rainforest)..

To really modern and funky styles, with 70''s throwback elements.

To Brooklyn re modelled brownstones...I think that would be my choice of home if I move to the US
5.gif

Any choice would have to have wooden floor boards though!

I wouldn''t say it''s 100% my dream home, but I''m very happy with where I live now.
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was only thinking about a dream home where I live, if I lived on the east coast I''d love a brownstone in the Gold Coast of Chicago, Manhattan, or Philadelphia.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 6:54:29 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

9.gif
Well...if we''re talking about my wildest dreams then yeah, I''ll take one too but it''ll be on my own private island in the carribean and I''ll have my private jet to take me there at the weekends when I''m not staying in the Hamptons
9.gif

Oh darn, I just woke up from my dream - I''d better get back to work
23.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love modern, contemporary styling, so anything with clean lines and interesting shapes (with lots of windows AND beachfront)would work for me. FI just wants a huge mansion on the beach, lol!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I want this! It rotates slowly as the day passes, and it has TONS of windows and a super open floor plan, which I love.

RoundHouseLarge.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 12:05:19 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
This is one of my favorite houses.. Mc Avoy Manor I would move in tomorrow if I could. lol

This is awesome in
Mississippi...

I wouldn''t snort at this beautiful home in Galveston..

And I could totally imagine this during the holidays..
SDL, I wonder what that beautiful home in Galveston looks like now? So much of the island is just now recovering from Hurricane Ike. Most of the trees have died from being submerged in salt water for days - what a crying shame. There was so much to be done, but slowly the city and island are coming back. I have not been down to see it, but we get updates in our paper and of course the news here in Houston. So sad.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Mid Century Modern, like an Eichler with a central atrium, lots of glass windows and an ocean view
30.gif

Cindy50550

Rough_Rock
For me, its no so much whats inside it, but its the outside, not that I''m shallow.
2.gif
I want something very modern, that''s a one off design, and very custom. Sadly, I don''t have 7 figures to get this, but a lady can always wish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results