shape
carat
color
clarity

Shane''s Jewelry Westwood (LA) - (not affiliated with Shane Co!) - rhodium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to write a short review of my experience with rhodium dipping at Shane''s Jewelry on Broxton in Westwood/UCLA. KCoursolle had used them previously for rhodium and had given me their name quite a long time ago. I called ahead of time and found that they do rhodium on site on Fridays and Saturdays. It depends on how dirty your ring is, but you can pick it up on the same day if you drop it off on one of those days (very dirty rings can have a long cleaning process) - otherwise you can drop it off earlier in the week and pick it up after it has been done. I actually took it on a Friday evening after work (extremely close to their closing time) expecting to leave it overnight and pick it up the next day. To my surprise (and without my even asking) they did it quite quickly and efficiently for me while I waited! I found the staff to be very friendly and no-pressure. I liked how the store has skylights to allow daylight into the store. The saleslady had a gorgeous EC that was absolutely to die for and they had a lot of beautiful items to look at while I waited and chatted.
They seemed to have a very diverse array of items including some smaller fun wearable items that are likely more affordable for a college student (given they are located on campus!) or for for a nice little treat type gift (not meaning they are cheap looking, just meaning they are smaller and could potentially make fun everyday pieces to add to a collection!)

Overall I was very pleased and will definitely plan on returning not just for rhodium dipping, but also to look for (and likely purchase!) nice little baubles. :)

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you had a good experience with them. Unfortunately, I had just the opposite. I'll preface this by saying that I haven't been there for many years. Here's what happened:

I was in my early 20's and very inexperienced when it came to buying fine jewelry. I went there to have an eternity ring made for my right hand. The receipt clearly said that I had the option of returning the ring for any reason. Well, when I received the ring, I was very disappointed in the quality of the workmanship. The stones were VERY noticeably crooked in the setting and several looked sort of squeezed in. It was a mess! When I went back to return it, I was treated VERY badly. The owner and two of the salespeople totally ganged up on me and said that I couldn't return it after all. The owner actually yelled at me in the middle of a crowded store and threatened my friend. I left the store in tears. After several days, they finally agreed to let me exchange the ring for something else in the store and the owner apologized to me. They said they hoped I would continue buying from them. HA! I was quite young and naive and it was a really upsetting experience. I still have a really bad feeling about that place and will never go there again.

All that said, I really am glad you had a good experience. It's very possible the ownership has changed. This was about seven or eight years ago.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Demelza! It is really good you gave your experience. That is why threads like this can be helpful when people are researching. I only had rhodium done. I don''t think they are under new ownership as they mentioned how long they have been in business (like 30 yrs if I am recalling correctly?) They did move their store down the street, but I am fairly certain it is the same ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results