shape
carat
color
clarity

Shane Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Is Shane Co. a good company to buy from?

I am talking to one of their reps and they are telling me how lab certification is an unnecessary ''art'' that doesn''t predict the quality of a diamond. This goes against what I''ve learned from studying this website. Any experience with ShaneCo?

KJ

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search....you''ll find your answer.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 6:44:16 PM
Author: orbaya
Do a search....you''ll find your answer.
2.gif
Ditto!!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I went in, out of curiousity...

And when I asked to see Asschers, they brought out Princess cuts. They even agrued that the princess cuts WERE asschers! I also found that their prices were far too high for what they offered.

No, I personally wouldn''t buy from them based on my experience.

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the ''search'' advice.

I am at the point where my brain is overloaded with information. Can anyone suggest their single favorite, highest recommended store? right now Whiteflash seems to be the one I like most. But they don''t have the tension style ring I like.

I''m looking for a
Princess Cut ~.75 ct, VS2 (don''t want inclusions), Top notch cut (for sparkle), and F/G color. I''ve searched, but so many online stores don''t have the stone in stock it drives me crazy to talk to someone about a stone they aren''t actually looking at.

Sorry, but my rant has been long building up.

KJ

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I know I am going to be pelted with stones for this but here goes...
I bought from Shane co. I LOVE THEM. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Yes, it costs a little more (not exhorbitantly), BUT, I have traded up 12 times in almost 5 years (for fun), have not ever had to pay to have a diamond shipped in to view, no hassles, very nice stones, very honest salespeople. I will say that I have narrowed it down to a favorite store near me. I have bought from 4 of their stores and not all the sales people or management was to my liking, much like anywhere else I guess. The Shane I settled on practically knows us by our first name and lets me browse and ask tons of questions and are as I said, very honest. The people I have dealt with do know what an Ascher is. I have had nothing but a good experience overall. I would and will continue to do business with them. So, please please please do not disown, discredit, or fry me alive. I am only speaking as someone who has done a lot of business with them and is very happy.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kaje77,

You might like to check out the Dimend Scaasi website. They are a PS vendor and I have heard other members had a good experience with them. They have a collection of tension designs, which is my main reason for recommending them. Here is a link to their tension collection by Gelin Abaci.

http://www.dscaasi.com/engagement/tension/default.asp

Keep in mind that the diamond must be purchased from Dimend Scaasi to be put in the settings I have linked. On the website they say they will not set a stone that has not been purchased through them. I am of no help with the princess diamond, but I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can get a stone from WF or any other vendor and then have a tension setting company set it. what tension setting are you considering? we used bruce boone for my husband''s titanium ring and he was great (tension set ACA diamond in it).

anyway...i''d check into getting the stone from a reputed vendor then using someone who does carry the setting you like to set it. or sending the setting to WF or whoever and having them set your stone in it.

my mom got her ring from Shane and it''s beautiful (pre-set 5 stone).....BUT when i was shopping i went in there and found their stuff grossly overpriced and their settings were soooooo 80''s and 90''s mainstream and this was 2003. anyway...good luck!! just keep researching.

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Bruce boone looks interesting. I''ve never considered a titanium ring. Do many women like that metal for a ring? Or prefer the white gold style? Any benefits apart from cost, titanium appears less expensive.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kaje, A couple advantages of titanium are that it''s hypoallergenic, and it''s a much stonger metal than any of the traditional precious metals. Titanium is naturally very springy as well, which is why titanium is well suited for tension sets. It''s just very tough to machine, which is why you don''t see everyone doing it. It''s not normally cast like most jewelry, but machined out of solid bar.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results