shape
carat
color
clarity

Shallow(er) cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
I purchased a diamond last week - you can see the specs in my previous messages. It is considered a shallow cut...

I must say that this diamond sparkles, reflects, almost blinds you unlike any other diamond I looked at. There's no fisheye (dark center) effect from any angle or view distance. This stone defies the ideal cut standards. The table is larger than "ideal."

I'm just about prepared to deem a new ideal cut...the "Ready Ideal Cut (RIC)." I don't know if it is on the edge of having a fisheye. It shoots rays of light at you from 1 foot away or 20.

What is the science behind this? It is much better than the H&A's I saw in terms of sparkle and blinding reflection. Beautiful. What gives?

ready

Rough_Rock
CutNut, here are the specs:

1.3C round
VS2
G Color
Diameter: 7.19 mm avg
Depth: 57.9%
Crown Angle: 33.8 degrees or 12.5%
Pavil Angle: 40.4 degrees or 42.5%
Table Avg. Size 62.7%
Cutlet: Very Small

I believe it scored a 1.3 on the HCA.

Thanks...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you mean CN when you say it will always display a star? You mean instead of having a dark center it will show the arrows? Please clarify :)

Ready--if I am not mistaken, I think I have read that while larger tabled, slightly more shallow stones such as ours may have more brilliance and white light return, they will not have as much fire and scintillation inside the stone, as our pavilions are not deep enough to create excellent rainbow light refraction..or something along those lines. From past posts, it really does seem to be a preference thing, as to whether or not a stone speaks to you with either fire or brilliance or both, and which you deem most important. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results