shape
carat
color
clarity

Shallow crown angle

JJDFB

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here so please excuse me if this has already been posted or if I’m in the wrong place. I have my (hopefully) to be fiancé’s wedding ring down to 2 stones with the following specs. Both are round, G color and eye clean (VS1/2)
Stone 1:
Table 58.5; depth 61.5; crown 34.5; pavilion 41.2, 2.32 carat. HCA score = 3.1
Stone 2:
Table: table 59, depth 59.9, crown 32.8, pavilion 40.7, 2.20 carat. HCA score = 1.
Prices are identical. Stone 2 seems to have less ideal proportions except pavilion angle but a much better HCA score. Thoughts?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HCA score says that anything two and under is worth further consideration. It is a rejection tool - not a selection tool. Neither of those diamonds fall within recommended ranges. So I take it you are looking for a 2 ct. G color, VS clarity diamond? Do you have a budget? Many here will be happy to help you look!

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here so please excuse me if this has already been posted or if I’m in the wrong place. I have my (hopefully) to be fiancé’s wedding ring down to 2 stones with the following specs. Both are round, G color and eye clean (VS1/2)
Stone 1:
Table 58.5; depth 61.5; crown 34.5; pavilion 41.2, 2.32 carat. HCA score = 3.1
Stone 2:
Table: table 59, depth 59.9, crown 32.8, pavilion 40.7, 2.20 carat. HCA score = 1.
Prices are identical. Stone 2 seems to have less ideal proportions except pavilion angle but a much better HCA score. Thoughts?

There's a lot of support around here as I'm sure you've noticed for that crown angle you've found on the first stone.

But the problem is that the pavilion angle might have it leaking a lot of light, which is why the HCA score is so off. The pavilion angles are more important than the crown angles overall. Your second diamond is going to lack some fire relative to the favored diamonds around here, but it'll be plenty bright (should be really bright actually), and won't lose light, which is why the HCA score.

People are going to ask you what price that identical price is, so I might as well kick that process off lol

JJDFB

Rough_Rock
There's a lot of support around here as I'm sure you've noticed for that crown angle you've found on the first stone.

But the problem is that the pavilion angle might have it leaking a lot of light, which is why the HCA score is so off. The pavilion angles are more important than the crown angles overall. Your second diamond is going to lack some fire relative to the favored diamonds around here, but it'll be plenty bright (should be really bright actually), and won't lose light, which is why the HCA score.

People are going to ask you what price that identical price is, so I might as well kick that process off lol

Thanks so much for the reply- the price is 6500 and both are lab grown

JJDFB

Rough_Rock
The HCA score says that anything two and under is worth further consideration. It is a rejection tool - not a selection tool. Neither of those diamonds fall within recommended ranges. So I take it you are looking for a 2 ct. G color, VS clarity diamond? Do you have a budget? Many here will be happy to help you look!

My budget is around 6500, and I am looking for lab grown stones. Thanks for your help!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a lab grown forum here...I'll request for the thread to be moved to that forum.

Can you keep searching for stones? Neither of these would be my choice. The second one has complimentary angles
but it does have a low crown.

BTW...if you let people know size, color/clarity etc you are looking for they may post stones with a better cut that fit in your budget.

JJDFB

Rough_Rock
We have a lab grown forum here...I'll request for the thread to be moved to that forum.

Can you keep searching for stones? Neither of these would be my choice. The second one has complimentary angles
but it does have a low crown.

BTW...if you let people know size, color/clarity etc you are looking for they may post stones with a better cut that fit in your budget.

Thank you! My budget is around 6500, G color, VS clarity

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results