shape
carat
color
clarity

Settled :(

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
I may have settled not sure i have made the right decision.

I have been looking for a Princess Cut for a month or two now. This weekend i wanted to make sure i got an order in before the Calif. Internet sales tax came into effect and to make sure i receive before Anniversary May 1.
I worked with the online chat for JA and i settled for a stone that has Very Good symmetry instead of excellence. They told me it would not be noticeable. is this true? i feel the chat tech was helpful because they cautioned against some other stones because the tables were too big and they said it would not be that brilliant. There were some stones recommended in my other post but they were 1.2ct and at the last minute i decided to look at and order 1.5ct.
All i have right now is the SKU number and its not avail. on JA webpage any longer. Concerned the longer i look at it that it has a crushed ice appearance

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.51-carat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-6694864

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cuts don’t have ideal cuts etc (unless you had bought a princess cut from white flash).

I’m sure it’s fine. Wait until you get it and see if it speaks to you.

I think the one you chose is pretty and it has a nice high crown.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Request an aset when they get the stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may have settled not sure i have made the right decision.

I have been looking for a Princess Cut for a month or two now. This weekend i wanted to make sure i got an order in before the Calif. Internet sales tax came into effect and to make sure i receive before Anniversary May 1.
I worked with the online chat for JA and i settled for a stone that has Very Good symmetry instead of excellence. They told me it would not be noticeable. is this true? i feel the chat tech was helpful because they cautioned against some other stones because the tables were too big and they said it would not be that brilliant. There were some stones recommended in my other post but they were 1.2ct and at the last minute i decided to look at and order 1.5ct.
All i have right now is the SKU number and its not avail. on JA webpage any longer. Concerned the longer i look at it that it has a crushed ice appearance

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.51-carat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-6694864

What are you looking for, exactly?
Objective appraisal of your choice?
Or more just reassurance?
It's certainly not a "bad" choice by any metric, but you could have found a brighter (or rather, more evenly-bright) specimen.
How much did you pay?

Remember that you still have to pay tax on your purchase, even if JA doesn't charge it up-front - it's called "use tax" and avoiding it is tax fraud.

Last edited:

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
What are you looking for, exactly?
Objective appraisal of your choice?
Or more just reassurance?
It's certainly not a "bad" choice by any metric, but you could have found a brighter (or rather, more evenly-bright) specimen.
How much did you pay?

Remember that you still have to pay tax on your purchase, even if JA doesn't charge it up-front - it's called "use tax" and avoiding it is tax fraud.
Whats a use tax?

that's what i wanted the most brilliant firey cut that i could find, um well err Afford :)
it was about 8K.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
What state are you in? If large, non refundable costs will be incurred with the purchase of this stone, and it is not too late to cancel the sale, I would consider doing so until I was certain it was the one I wanted. If it is too late to do this, all you can do is hope you love it in person or wear the associated costs and return it.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
What state are you in? If large, non refundable costs will be incurred with the purchase of this stone, and it is not too late to cancel the sale, I would consider doing so until I was certain it was the one I wanted. If it is too late to do this, all you can do is hope you love it in person or wear the associated costs and return it.
California, The order was just submitted yesterday so im assuming is someone recommended a better specimen from the same vendor I could just call and change my order.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I’m def no expert in princess cuts but this stone doesn’t appeal to me I’m sorry to say. It looks quite mushy and dull- I think you can do better.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
I’m def no expert in princess cuts but this stone doesn’t appeal to me I’m sorry to say. It looks quite mushy and dull- I think you can do better.
right.... getting nervous now :(

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to worry you but I thought you were considering cancelling the sale? If you are moving forward with the sale regardless, worrying won’t change anything. I’m sure it’s a beautiful stone.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to worry you but I thought you were considering cancelling the sale? If you are moving forward with the sale regardless, worrying won’t change anything. I’m sure it’s a beautiful stone.
. Not canceling because I need something for my anniversary. I’m running out of time and don’t want to start all over with a different vendor because I also orderered an engagement ring and a custom wedding ring . Think I’m aaking for help. Can you guys take a look on JA website and help find a better alternative ?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
. Not canceling because I need something for my anniversary. I’m running out of time and don’t want to start all over with a different vendor because I also orderered an engagement ring and a custom wedding ring . Think I’m aaking for help. Can you guys take a look on JA website and help find a better alternative ?

When do you need it for? You can filter by stone availability. I'm no expert but these caught my eye.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
May 1 .. oMG maybe i should cancel this order 6694864.jpg

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Fancy cuts don’t have ideal cuts etc (unless you had bought a princess cut from white flash).

AGS grades the cut of princess stones. James Allen has a few ideal 0 cuts on their site.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
NOOOOOOOOO, please don't. did you check out the stones i posted?
Yes, the only one that was triple X had a large table and the others were only very good.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the only one that was triple X had a large table and the others were only very good.
Sometimes you have to buy stones using your eyes rather than a report grading - which I know is near-sacrilege on this forum ;-) :lol: but if you have limited time, limited options, limited assessment tools and limited/zero availability of really top-notch stones, you must buy on the basis of beauty alone.

Check out WhiteFlash for some top-notch princesses. (You'll need to select In House stones.)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes you have to buy stones using your eyes rather than a report grading - which I know is near-sacrilege on this forum ;-) :lol: but if you have limited time, limited options, limited assessment tools and limited/zero availability of really top-notch stones, you must buy on the basis of beauty alone.

Check out WhiteFlash for some top-notch princesses. (You'll need to select In House stones.)
This. For fancy cuts, you need to buy with your eye/video/aset rather than numbers and report info. There just aren't as many "rules" for fancy cuts and gorgeous ones are found with eye inspection.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
i do like this one, it's leaps and bounds better than your original stone but can they get it in the time frame you need?

Holy crap JA phone support blows. Decided to try the 1.51 H VS1 and get an ASET when the stone arrives to them. But now the phone support guy was saying since they made a whole new order which required a new custom wedding ring order might push back the anticipated shipping date from Sundays order :(

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy crap JA phone support blows. Decided to try the 1.51 H VS1 and get an ASET when the stone arrives to them. But now the phone support guy was saying since they made a whole new order which required a new custom wedding ring order might push back the anticipated shipping date from Sundays order :(

i can't see how they would have to create a new order, i would think they could just swap? what are you doing that is custom? And maybe a call would serve you better than chatting online, you know?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
i can't see how they would have to create a new order, i would think they could just swap? what are you doing that is custom? And maybe a call would serve you better than chatting online, you know?
i did call maybe they are busy right now. that's what i thought a swap would work but they cancelled the order and made a new one. I'm getting a custom wedding ring to go with the double pave engagement ring.
18K White Gold Double Row Pave Engagement Ring
SKU:17613W

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results