carat
color
clarity

Settings for Gene’s (Precision Gem) stones

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20220623_214727.jpg 20220623_214805.jpg

My first stone from Gene. A lovely glowy pink spinel in a standard Stuller mount. Took me a year to set it as I was hoping the mount would go on sale - and it did!!
That’s gorgeous! And talk about perseverance…waiting a full year for a potential sale. Clearly, your patience paid off. :kiss2:

I just received my lab pink sapphire ring from David Klass. David did a beautiful job as always of remaking the entire ring to fit my sapphire and I also wanted a thicker band. The setting was bought preloved from Jaq. They are lab diamonds. I love the setting, love having a gorgeous five stone, The sapphire is from Gene. I have to say David complimented the sapphire and said his setter did too! Very happy with my new ring! 6322F608-F840-4E81-BAE6-E5513B4954AC.jpeg
Damn, this is stunning! :kiss2: The setting is gorgeous and it works perfectly with your center.

Same ring without band in different lighting.
tsav2.jpg
Wowza! That is gorgeous! :love:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice piece:) I wonder which lab material it is from Gene.

Thank you Double E I am going out of town in the morning, I will look for my paperwork from Gene when I get back. If you don't hear from me by Wednesday , please feel free to reach out to me!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
pad3.jpg
I found this photo I took before it was set - it really IS this pretty.
Large Pad sapphire with side lab diamonds. pad2.jpg

Omg I LOVE the side diamonds! Oval centre stones in 3-stones are really my weakness!
I love the centre Padparadscha—which material is it from Gene? This is the shade of Padparadscha I wish I had gotten the first time... I must try again! It's beautiful!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I LOVE the side diamonds! Oval centre stones in 3-stones are really my weakness!
I love the centre Padparadscha—which material is it from Gene? This is the shade of Padparadscha I wish I had gotten the first time... I must try again! It's beautiful!
Mine is the "Padparadscha Sapphire Light Tone" - Pulled Czochralski Process. If you find it on his website, the photo to the right looks just like mine (or could be mine because I special ordered this stone).

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Can I get the proportions on this please?? I’ve been thinking of resetting my Radiant with slightly smaller traps and bullets.
I just received my lab pink sapphire ring from David Klass. David did a beautiful job as always of remaking the entire ring to fit my sapphire and I also wanted a thicker band. The setting was bought preloved from Jaq. They are lab diamonds. I love the setting, love having a gorgeous five stone, The sapphire is from Gene. I have to say David complimented the sapphire and said his setter did too! Very happy with my new ring! 6322F608-F840-4E81-BAE6-E5513B4954AC.jpeg

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Can I get the proportions on this please?? I’ve been thinking of resetting my Radiant with slightly smaller traps and bullets.

Hi @ean Of course! The measurements are as follows:

Sapphire - 9.17x6.27
The next measurement is- 5.30x3.10x3.70 He has this labeled as Baguette, I think he meant the traps:)
Baguette- 4.80x3.00

Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: ean

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
1.215ct chrome tourmaline (6.9mm) in 18k yellow gold. The ring is made by David Klass based on a design by Julia Kay Taylor for liliangrae. I have admired the design for many years.

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7548B.jpg

Last edited:

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I just remembered that Gene cut my Umba garnet. I bought it on Loupe Troop from a Pricescoper who commissioned it and even had pictures of the rough but she never set it. I put it in a used setting that had to be adjusted to fit the stone, so it isn't all that pretty. I should reset it into a pendant but just haven't gone to the trouble yet. It's 10mm and 5.64ct untreated. _29632.jpg _29780.jpg garnet04.jpg

Spnb

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for something special, he will try to find it for you.

Thanks. I have tried to email him twice to commission a piece, but haven't had a response. What is the best way to get in touch with Gene?

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks. I have tried to email him twice to commission a piece, but haven't had a response. What is the best way to get in touch with Gene?

I would try emailing again either through his contact page or directly in your email. I messaged him recently asking for some info on an old stone and he replied the next day.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Meralani Mint Garnet cut by Gene. The setting was made by CaiMao Jewelry based on a design I found on the RealReal.
6532523E-809B-4F0C-A4DA-AEDADBC056AE.jpeg

16DAD003-C78D-4295-B8D7-9E2583F26334.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results