shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t posted in years! I have a nice sqaure cut emerald.
Right now it is set in a setting that I really don''t like. The prongs are too blocky looking. I want something more simple and elegant. Anyone have any suggestions?

I''m going to attach a few pics though they are not the best. Our camera sucks at jewelry pictures.

The stone is:
I Color
VS1

Thanks for the help!

Jewelry 024.JPG

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the top.

Jewelry 022.JPG

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
If no specific suggestions - where are some good places to start looking? I''m really behind on things...

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
What''s your budget and style preferences? High off the finger or sitting close? Side diamonds, solitaire, 3 stone, 5 stone?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 4:15:58 AM
Author: missydebby
What''s your budget and style preferences? High off the finger or sitting close? Side diamonds, solitaire, 3 stone, 5 stone?
Solitaire - white metal. Low sitting, very simple an elegant. No specific budget. Under $1,000 lets say.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nearly every jeweler makes a ring that meets the specs you’ve given so I’m not sure the folks here can do much beyond making random suggestions (which might be helpful or might not) but if you’re otherwise happy with the ring, you might consider just redoing the prongs on what you have. They could easily be made thinner at the top and reshaping the tips would change that blocky look dramatically. Have you talked to a bench jeweler about modifying what you have?

What you've got is a very ornate piece, which is rather different from your request but it's not really related to the blocky look from the top.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I agree - perhaps getting just the prongs themselves changed might make a huge difference - you''re right, they are pretty thick and blocky

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 11:41:53 AM
Author: denverappraiser
Nearly every jeweler makes a ring that meets the specs you’ve given so I’m not sure the folks here can do much beyond making random suggestions (which might be helpful or might not) but if you’re otherwise happy with the ring, you might consider just redoing the prongs on what you have. They could easily be made thinner at the top and reshaping the tips would change that blocky look dramatically. Have you talked to a bench jeweler about modifying what you have?

What you''ve got is a very ornate piece, which is rather different from your request but it''s not really related to the blocky look from the top.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver
No, I really don''t like the whole setting. It distracts from the stone which is quite pretty but all you see is the ornate setting.

I guess I don''t know where to start and was looking for some random as you put it suggestions to maybe help me find a direction.

I recently saw the Tiffany "asscher" setting and it is very simple yet has an elegant and fluid look to it that I am going for. But unfortunately that particular ring/setting is not online so I can''t find a picture for you guys.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 11:56:02 AM
Author: Maevie
I agree - perhaps getting just the prongs themselves changed might make a huge difference - you''re right, they are pretty thick and blocky
I really don''t like the whole setting. The prongs are the think I don''t like the most, but the whole setting has too much going on for this stone I think.

BTW it is not my e-ring if that helps. I wear it on my right hand. I want a solitaire with a little more style that just a band with four prongs. Just a tad more graceful and elegant.

Any suggestions at all? Or websites I should look at. I''ve been out of the diamond and jewelry game for quite some time. My husband has been suffering with LGL luekemia for about 4 years now (had a bone marrow transplant in August) so diamonds and jewelry have been a low priority.
He''s doing better now (yay!) so I am looking into finding a new home for this diamond and have no idea where to start looking anymore.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jax, glad to hear your hubby is doing better. Best of health to the both of you.

I have done business with Brian Gavin as have many people on this forum and if you talk to Lesley or Brian I am sure they can let you know their opinion. You can also browse their gallery on their website here

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a nice setting that looks very good with an asscher for about the price you''re looking for:
18k suggestion

JA 18k option.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ERD also has some gorgeous rings but doesn''t show the prices online. But definitely worth browsing and calling for a quote. They are really beautiful.

I almost went with ERD for my upgrade cause they''ve gotten so many great reviews here, and their settings are sooooo drool-tastic, but just decide to throw my lot in with Leon Mege
2.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 5:38:59 PM
Here''s a nice setting that looks very good with an asscher for about the price you''re looking for:
18k suggestion
Really like this - just wish it didn''t have diamonds. Thanks!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 5:59:55 PM
ERD also has some gorgeous rings but doesn''t show the prices online. But definitely worth browsing and calling for a quote. They are really beautiful.

I almost went with ERD for my upgrade cause they''ve gotten so many great reviews here, and their settings are sooooo drool-tastic, but just decide to throw my lot in with Leon Mege
2.gif

ERD??

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
engagement rings direct.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alternately a Bezet type super thin bezel from BGD.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 2:43:28 AM
Author: Gypsy
Alternately a Bezet type super thin bezel from BGD.

BGD?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 9:50:35 AM
Gypsy, that Bev K is gorgeous! This may not be your style, but another classic is this from Fay Cullen.
Pretty, but I''m looking for less diamonds in the band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results