shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting overload....ahhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help Pricescopers ... My eyes are dried out and brain is numb from looking at too many wedding ring settings. If any of you have pics to share, please post here. Criteria:

1. architectural/sculptural, clean lined
2. prefer platinum but I''m flexible
3. diamonds used sparingly

Center stone is a red spinel (I posted a pic in the colored stones forum). Attached are some examples I really like to give an idea of what I mean by architectural/sculptural.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can contribute some ideas.

princsol2_lg.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, darn, the other two pics won't post -- been having a lot of trouble posting pics lately. I'll keep trying.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Success...got another pic to post.

gelinabaci-tensionsettings11.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Eddie Sakamoto's designs? There are a bunch pictured here: Sakamoto

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But... your spinel is a rectangular cushion, not square. Don't tell me you are going to recut tha beauty princess style to fit the respective setting!
errrr.gif

How about these below... they are both about the same style: White sapphire and E-W tanzanite and Marquize. The last one has both white and colored diamond dots which made me include it. Since all these are one offs, it is straight forward to design your own version around the shape of the spinel, IMO.

And, do you remember THIS address? Linda's designs also appear to fit the descriptions fo "clean, sculptural and diamante" you mention
1.gif

One just doesn't see off the rack designs for 3 carat ruby and spinel (any idea why
9.gif
), but here are a couple: diamond bullets Your stone would match the ruby in the picture darn well
read.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure hwo well the design below fits my mental picture of "clean classical lines" but there are not too many WWW examples of rings with yellow diamonds and ruby red spinel - the combination seems defintely worth showing
4.gif

It should be less involved to design your own pen and paper in hand rather than hunt down ready-mades. Given the size and shape of your stone, custom design should be the order of the day regardless.

twice.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MaryAlaina and Valeria...I'll have fun looking at the sites you provided. Valeria, I'm not recutting the stone; I think it's perfect just the way it is. I was just providing a few samples of the clean lines I like. And I am going custom (don't have the drawing skills you have) so I need to show my jeweler many examples of settings I like so we can begin to narrow the scope of my wish list to what is practical for the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results