shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Setting....Opinions Needed on Price/Value

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by beautifuldisaster, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

2. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Apr 1, 2005
    Hope this works price was $3420. for 2tcw (w/out center)..right??

squ.jpg

3. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

by beautifuldisaster » Apr 1, 2005
    Thank you!!! I appreciate that.

yes, price is w/out center stone.

4. Demelza
    Ideal_Rock

by Demelza » Apr 1, 2005
    In platinum or white gold?

5. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

by beautifuldisaster » Apr 1, 2005
    It says available in plat or white gold...doesnt say which the price reflects however.

6. honeynut
    Shiny_Rock

by honeynut » Apr 2, 2005
    I think it is totally gorgeous!!!!! But yes, a tad $$$. Then again 2ctw, esp in plat, I consider a darn good deal. Find out how big the basket is... if you think the setting is expensive, I would worry about a heart attack when its time to purchase the stone!!!

7. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Apr 2, 2005
    Last night I was concentrating on the pic.....what size center stone are you considering????

8. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

by beautifuldisaster » Apr 2, 2005
    Thanks for your replies.

After much back and forth my bf called me the other day and told me that I could have whatever kind of ering I wanted and I can pick it out. I was elated. I am not trying to put him in the poor house though. I loooove this setting so much! I originally loved some of the Tacori settings, but $6k for a setting is not in our budget unless I want a stoneless ring.

I am thinking of a 1-2.25 or 1.5 if I am oh so lucky Asscher cut for the center.

Feedback?

Thanks!

9. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

I abbbbbbsolutely love it! My bf can afford it, although if I could get the price down that would help with my being able to get a nicer center. I would be cool w/ white gold over plat.

10. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by valeria101 » Apr 2, 2005
    There might be a problem with that ring...

Judging from the weight (between 1 and 1.5 Tcw), those trillions are about 7mm wide (on each side). That allot more than a 1-1.2 carat asscher (what I remember the proposed center is).
    Since the grades of the large sidestones are not mentioned, it is hard to tell how good the price is: most of the 3.5k is just the cost of the sidestones (probably around 2k). The rest of the setting looks like it has been assembled from pre-made parts - not the most expensive or precise option.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the look, but this is rather unsual: just wanted to make sure the detail is clear.

A very fine handmade setting might cost just as much even if the sidestones are set in proportion; since that would mean allot less "tcw" and allot more craftmanship. So... there is no "right choice" moneywise.

It would be easier to decide details with a center stone at hand. [​IMG]

11. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

... this is waht I mean. [​IMG]

SideaX.JPG

12. Diamondsbybree
    Brilliant_Rock

by Diamondsbybree » Apr 2, 2005

I could see the price being justifiable if it were in platinum.. It is pretty though.[​IMG]

13. beautifuldisaster
    Shiny_Rock

yuck! i see what you mean :P thanks for posting that. The trills are .30 each. Does that help out any? Most likely with a 1.01 carat center.

14. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

.3 cts sides sounds reasonable. But with them, the price of the setting should go down handsomly as well. In all honesty, I would not go for that model - even in a blurry picture it looks unfinished [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.