Thoughts on setting?

• Keep current setting

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Switch to halo setting

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Lylt

Rough_Rock
Y’all my husband is going to kill me . I upgraded and got this beautiful oval ring last year but... I think I picked the wrong setting (for me). I feel like I need a little more umph/pizazz. Photos below of what I have currently (plain band with oval and two pears is my current ring) and what I am considering switching to. Looking for any thoughts/input since I am nervous to pull the trigger. 82D8C9C1-6A3E-49BB-BE92-4C4083CFA8CE.jpeg
DECE3023-119B-43E5-9A9E-468605814D9F.png 33ECCCC4-A484-4AC6-B1E1-F28CFAB4EDD4.png CEF0902D-93DE-4A5F-ADDE-738F02A57C07.png

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I wholeheartedly recommend you KEEP what you have. First off, keep the hubby happy! But really, I love the 3 stone. I honestly think the halo is overdone and I know many who have switched regret or have reset. I had a 3-stone awhile back, changed to halo, didn’t like it, and wish I still had a 3-stone... but, after the diamond upgrades and the mounting changes, I now have a solitaire lol! If I went to something other than solitaire it would be 3 stone. I think the one you are considering is just too much going on and is a taste preference for now. I think you will change you mind over time. I have a ton of jewelry of a certain vintage style and now I’ve changed in taste and I’m regretting the purchase of all of it! I think it’s best to stay with something more classic which is what your setting is. Also, you just recently got that setting... I think you are not living with it long enough. And you will then have your pears... what then?... Hubby will not be happy!
What I could suggest if you are looking for more bling would be to have the same ring remade such that you have little diamonds down the sides of the shank but I still think that ruins what is such a great and classic look now.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I didn't vote because I like them both so I think the right choice is just whichever you prefer. But if you're not sure, maybe that means you haven't found what you really want yet.

About changing your mind though, I do that all the time, ugh. But I now have a jewelry budget so I can do it guilt-free, just have to wait a while to change up anything I change my mind about (or want to re-do over time as styles change). After all, we are not jewelers or jewelry designers so can't really expect to get it right every time. Good luck with it. :)

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Personally I think your current setting is the loveliest out of all but I personally do not like halo settings or lots of melee / pave set stones. I think your current setting is just so classy and stylish. Could you not add more bling with bands?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your current setting as it is. Have you tried cleaning your ring? I mean a clean ring would sparkle and be like new. Even if you change you a pave setting - it can get dirty as well. Just a thought!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What makes you nervous about pulling the trigger?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad i am not alone in my ‘dislike’ of halos. Your ring is beautiful as is. If you want to jazz up the look, get a diamond band Instead..two rings for probably the price of one. And more flexibility in wear options.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I:meant another diamond band with a different design than the one you own.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
You have a beautiful ring!! That said, I voted halo because I understand what you mean about needing more (I’m the same way). :D A subtle, finely crafted halo is absolutely gorgeous IMO!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
This ring belongs to an influencer I follow and I always think it looks so beautiful and classy!

4CDBD8DA-BF0F-4776-8A90-A3AA14470271.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a side view of your current ring? Like @Garry H (Cut Nut) said, you might be able to add a halo to your current
setting.

I'm not fond of the setting you posted. It just seems like too much to me (but then its not for me is it?). I would do the halo
with pears (like the one you posted) but skip the pave on the shank.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I also have an oval ring without a halo but with 4 small side round stones in a channel setting on each side. It was originally my RHR and very understated (and now too understated). I was asking for ideas on a reset and have considered a 3 stone setting like your current one but haven’t fully decided yet. I do understand the need for more pizzazz. I’m not sure about the 2 small round D side stones on the setting you shared. May be you need a different shape and size or none? I have these on my Pinterest board: 2DE62FB3-AC0C-4209-9332-0DDA898F14A7.jpeg
D1986D70-AA97-42C8-992C-D61C07045712.jpeg

Lylt

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks everyone for your input! It is much appreciated! It is so funny I actually dislike halos in general so I am going to look at some different options with our jeweler next week. I dislike a lot of pace/micropave stuff so it has to be just right lol. Also agree the setting I posted is too much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results