shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for 7 sided stone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sure I cannot be the only person to own a 7 sided stone here on PS. Has anyone else set one? Did you use a round setting or did it need to be custom? Please post pictures if you have any. TIA!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't flygirl's umbalite from Gene have an odd number of sides? It's not in a standard basket mounting though - I think she went custom.

ETA: okay, just looked it up - it has 9 sides, not 7. I checked my files, and I can only find 9-sided stones! Anyway, got a pic of your gem?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5-sided lavendar spinel from Gene, I went custom for it.

LOL, this was my first good gemstone buy, I had no idea what would be involved in setting it when I bought it.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Isn't T_L's orangeorange opal from Osiris 7 sided? I wonder if a seven sider would fit in a 3 or 5 pronger for a fat pear?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
What sort of stone is it? How about bezeling it? Crasru get JanishJewels to bezel her Osirisgem stone.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I haven't set my 7 sided stone yet but I was figuring I would treat it like a fat pear.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono ~

What type of stone is it? Would a bezel be appropriate? I am a big fan of bezels and think it could really enhance the unique shape of a 7 sided stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With it being a demantoid, I know my jeweller will refuse to bezel set it. In any case, I think I’m not buying it after all. I just received additional pictures and decided it’s not for me. Still, a huge thank you to you ladies for helping me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results