shape
carat
color
clarity

SES Creations

EA22201

Rough_Rock
I found a wedding band from SES Creations that I really like and is at an AMAZING price point (almost half of what the other brands in the store cost for what looks exactly the same). The jeweler stated that they were able to price it so well because of the sheer amount of volume they do with the company. I can't find much, if at all, about SES and the quality of their products and was hoping to get some advice. Is anyone familiar with the company?

The ring I found
6 stone petite prong (Normally a 7 stone but I have to remove 1 stone to make it 6 stone because of the small ring size making the carat weight go from .47 to .40) platinum setting by SES

.40 carats $1500

A 7 stone petite prong (before removing the 1 stone) platinum by Memoire

.35ct total weight $2,400.00
.50ct total weight $3,650.00

Judging by the difference between price and total carat, I'm assuming that .05 carats would cost around $420 making the Memoire .40 6 stone petite prong about $2,800.

SES is $1300 less than Memoire.

So is the SES so inexpensive because of quality or am I getting a really good deal?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Memoire is one of the best companies in jewelry of this type period. I've never heard of SES. I can't say for sure but I suspect it's apples and oranges.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317681129|3032395 said:
Memoire is one of the best companies in jewelry of this type period. I've never heard of SES. I can't say for sure but I suspect it's apples and oranges.

Agreed! You can't compare price points if one is IJ I1 and the other is EF VS. you really need more information to know what your comparing.

EA22201

Rough_Rock
I don't know what the Memoire is, but the jeweler that is selling the SES has the ring in stock and it is a GH VS. They don't use any diamonds below VS2 for their bands.

The jeweler is Diamonds Direct in Charlotte, NC. The place was HUGE and they said that SES was their house brand so they do a large volume with and can offer it at a low price. The dealer that is selling the Memoire is willing to take 25% off, but that still makes it a few hundred dollars more, but I don't know the quality differences and I haven't seen the Memoire. I've only heard of the brand. I'm looking at the Memoire because that is where we got the e-ring from and I feel some loyalty towards them, but Diamonds Direct is more cost efficient and also where we are getting the men's wedding band.

I did find this article that came out today..Never heard of Forevermark though

DIAMOND BRAND FOREVERMARK ANNOUNCES SES CREATIONS, INC AS NEWEST MANUFACTURING PARTNER

As part of ongoing design offerings and style innovation efforts leading into the Fall US retail launch, Forevermark, the diamond brand from the De Beers group of companies, is pleased to announce a new design manufacturing partnership with SES Creations Inc, which will develop a specific design collection to showcase Forevermark diamonds in platinum.

The dazzling collection of ten to thirteen pieces will be designed to showcase the natural beauty of Forevermark diamonds. The collection will feature a beautiful variety of bridal and fashion jewelry, all of which will be set in Platinum. These desirable, classic styles are timeless and elegant for women of all personalities and walks of life. In addition to creating a stunning product line, SES Creations’ passion, customer service, and craftsmanship are qualities which make them ideal partners. Platinum Guild International will provide a support package to the partnership, which will include sales associate education, in-store signage and a customized video presentation identifying their store locations as a Platinum Destination.

“Our partnership with SES Creations offers a range of unique platinum setting styles and innovative designs that capture the beauty of a Forevermark diamond that we are proud to be introducing to our growing list of retailers,” says Forevermark US, Inc. President Charles Stanley.

“I am very excited about this new partnership with Forevermark and its well-respected authorized retailers. In addition to providing a wonderful collection, our knowledge and expertise working with independent jewelry retailers for over two decades, makes us the ideal company to partner with. We are confident that this campaign will be a lasting and successful addition to the high end jewelry business” says SES Creations, Inc. President Shlomo Elias.

Kevin Reilly, Manager of Industry Relations at Platinum Guild International said, “We are very excited about SES Creations’ decision to offer this collection exclusively in platinum. Forevermark diamonds this rare and special deserve to be set in the world’s most precious metal.”

Having launched internationally in 2009, Forevermark is fast becoming the diamond brand of choice for discerning consumers as its promise of beauty, rarity and responsibility means that Forevermark diamonds can be given, and worn with pride. Once a diamond has met the rigorous Forevermark quality and integrity criteria required, it is inscribed with the Forevermark icon and a unique identification number. The inscription is invisible to the naked eye, made with patented technology developed by the De Beers group and implemented by the Forevermark Diamond Institute in Antwerp, Belgium.

Forevermark will officially launch into the U.S. consumer marketplace in Fall 2011 with support from Forevermark Diamantaires and Manufacturer Partners including A Jaffe, Dali Diamond/A. Link, Diarough NV/Emby International, Eurostar/Memoire, Diamonds International SA, HRA-Crossworks, Julius Klein Diamond LLC/RITANI, Leo Schachter Diamonds Ltd., Pluczenik Diamond Company, Premier Gem, Rahaminov Diamonds, Rosy Blue PVT. Ltd., Trau Bros NV, and Venus Jewel. Forevermark will be available in a variety of independent jewelers nationwide. A complete list of Forevermark retailer partners to date is available upon request.

Read more: DIAMOND BRAND FOREVERMARK ANNOUNCES SES CREATIONS, INC AS NEWEST MANUFACTURING PARTNER | www.DiamondNe.ws http://www.diamondne.ws/2011/10/03/diamond-brand-forevermark-announces-ses-creations-inc-as-newest-manufacturing-partner/#ixzz1ZlOOug9O
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KateG

Rough_Rock
Over the years I have always found myself gravitating toward SES jewelry simply because of the high quality, low price point. They are also the house brand of my local jewelry store, so they are able to sell their jewelry for less (which is great for me!)
Every piece of SES jewelry that I have purchased I have been happy with because of they are simply beautiful pieces and great quality, and I would recommend them to anyone.
I suggest checking out their website if you want more information... http://sescreations.com/

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I've heard of SES and Forevermark.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen some of their things, and I've seen their items advertised in InStyle and some wedding and other magazines in the past. The stones looked nice to me but I didn't loupe anything to know for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results