shape
carat
color
clarity

Serial Cat Killer Arrested After Four-Month Spree

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
This makes me sick. I mean, if your cats all suddenly start dying, WHY would you adopt more? And this happens ''all of a sudden'' when you''ve moved in with your boyfriend?? Really, I think the woman should ALSO be arrested for STUPIDITY. This makes me LIVID. I want to kill THIS guy.

...sorry, tirade over, I just get SOOO upset when animals are being hurt...and this is proof that someone who does this could do something like this to a human being - probably his girlfriend next.

Serial Cat Killer Arrested After Four-Month Spree

On August 21, ASPCA Special Agents arrested Manhattan resident Sean Lynde, 36, for allegedly killing four cats and seriously injuring two others. The cats were owned by Lynde’s ex-girlfriend, Rachel Strate.

Lynde, who has a documented history of violent outbreaks, was indicted by a Manhattan Grand Jury on six counts of felony aggravated animal cruelty, seven counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty, three counts of aggravated harassment, one count of criminal mischief, two counts of criminal contempt and one count of stalking. He pleaded not guilty and is currently out on $5,000 bail.

“Incidents like these are especially chilling,” says Stacy Wolf, Vice President and Chief Legal Counsel for the ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Department. “An individual who can commit such violent acts against multiple pets over a period of months is someone who the criminal justice system needs to take serious notice of.”

The four-month killing spree began last fall after Lynde moved into Strate’s Upper West Side apartment. Events unfolded as follows:

•On October 5, 2008, Strate’s 15-year-old cat, Cleo, was found dead behind a dryer with her mouth full of laundry detergent. A necropsy confirmed she also suffered head trauma, including a broken jaw and bleeding eye. A short time later, her 12-year-old cat named Zoe was found badly beaten, suffered extensive head trauma and had to be euthanized.

•In November 2008, Strate adopted two three-month-old kittens, Willie and Betty. Later that month, she came home to discover Willie was unable to walk and returned him to his previous owner. On November 24, she came home to find Betty on the floor dead. “Lynde stated that Betty fell from a countertop to the floor and stopped breathing,” says Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, Joseph Pentangelo.

•On December 18, still not suspecting her boyfriend of any wrongdoing, Strate adopted two more kittens, Emo and Bonafide. Soon after his adoption, Emo suffered an unexplained broken paw and subsequently vanished. On January 23, Strate found Bonafide with a broken neck—he later slipped into a coma and died.

•In January 2009, the ASPCA received an anonymous tip and began investigating the suspicious killings.

If you suspect that someone is committing an act of animal cruelty in your community, report it to the proper authorities immediately.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
He needs to be drawn and quartered. As for her . . . stupidity reigns supreme. She should no longer be allowed to be an animal owner.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Those poor kitties, God bless them.
39.gif

May I say, I have decided that when my kitties go to the scratching post in the sky I hope to give more kitties a loving home. By the dates this lady adopted straight after the death/disappearance of her previous pets. How was she to know they were not accidents and misfortune? She, more than likely, was adopting to give unhomed cats a chance and ''replace'' her lost cats. Why should she be flamed for that? I imagine she would be negligent if she had not noticed as time passed but I think even I would not have explained this misfortune as foul play until December/January by the listed timeline.

Many small animals need a home - unless she is proven to have know or ought to have known that her partner was abusing these animals then she did the right thing by taking them in.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”--Ian Fleming

"If you fool me once shame on you. If you fool me twice shame on me." --old saying

If that woman was living with him, how could she not have known that something in his character was way off base? When people live together, there is no hiding a cruel streak. She probably knew what he had done and chose to ignore it because she was desperate for d
11.gif
ck.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Stories like this make me want to cry, seriously.... those poor animals!

I can''t believe that woman didn''t know about it. She has to be the dumbest woman on Earth if she did. I think she''s playing dumb, or likely afraid of her BF... if he''s killed cats, he''s probably abused her, too.

Going to give my kitty an extra snuggle now...

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 9:31:14 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
''Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”--Ian Fleming

''If you fool me once shame on you. If you fool me twice shame on me.'' --old saying

If that woman was living with him, how could she not have known that something in his character was way off base? When people live together, there is no hiding a cruel streak. She probably knew what he had done and chose to ignore it because she was desperate for d
11.gif
ck.
My point exactly, it was not until the unfortunate death of the third set of animals that she ought to have known something was off. This would not be until Dec/Jan by that timeline. By which point a tip off had been made - also, do we know that she did not make that call?

It is very sad and I hope that she was not aware of the abuse and wrongful deaths. Not that there have not been many instances of wives and partners feigning innocence when to the outside world such innocence or selective blinkering must have been used merely as an excuse to facilitate and enable the abusing partner.

I am saying that by the published storyline I can see how I might have been caught out and if it could fool me and I love animals then I choose to give her the benefit of doubt.

Innocent before proven guilty and all...

As for the desperate for sex comment I imagine you are joking....

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Steel! No, I wasn't joking at all. So many women have been conditioned to believe that they are failures unless they have a man, they choose not to believe what they see (and often what the men do to them, their children and their pets).
This link below involves the murder of a child, but I suspect that the back story for the cat killer will be pretty much the same:
http://law.jrank.org/pages/3435/Joel-Steinberg-Trial-1988-89.html

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
Psycho!!!

What a stupid woman.
38.gif
Wake up!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That''s really scary. Not just that he could be so cruel, but that she could twist reality to convince herself that nothing sketchy was going on...unless she finally got hip to things and was the anonymous phone call to the police. But still...all those poor feline lives, up in smoke, because this chick didn''t have the presence of mind to see what was right in front of her. How many "accidents" did her cats have BEFORE she moved in with this psycho?

I feel a bit ill now.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 11:17:06 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Steel! No, I wasn''t joking at all. So many women have been conditioned to believe that they are failures unless they have a man, they choose not to believe what they see (and often what the men do to them, their children and their pets).
This link below involves the murder of a child, but I suspect that the back story for the cat killer will be pretty much the same:
http://law.jrank.org/pages/3435/Joel-Steinberg-Trial-1988-89.html

I full agree and as I intimated earlier find any such ''enablers'' behaviour and lack of moral compass incomprehensible. I just wonder if this woman is to be tarred with the same brush; I feel she should not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results