shape
carat
color
clarity

Senseless search for long-lost heirloom - Rant, Lament and shoulda coulda-s

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
I recently came across a site (http://romanovrussia.com/) with beautiful antique jewelry that reminded me of a very special to me heirloom that was stolen from our house, along with other jewelry and belongings, over a decade ago.

A pair of approximately 2-3 carat diamond earrings (1.5 or so each) in Old European cut dating back to the early 1900's (20's or 30's). Set in solid yellow/rose gold (not sure what kind), lever back.
My beloved grandmother (the person I loved most in my life besides my children) set them aside for me for years...and ...I managed to have them stolen quite soon after she gave them to me.

Words cannot describe how badly I have been beating myself up for over a decade now for the negligence I showed with those earrings. Every time I remember I get sick to my stomach and I want to throw up, literally.

We called the police, we filed theft reports, whatever - they were gone. I am not going to get into how they got stolen; but in retrospect, I should have had consistently kept them in a more hidden place in the house, as opposed to a jewelry box on the dresser, for daily "reach out/place back" convenience.

I sometimes dream of coming across them on some antique jewelry site - because I could recognize them out of a million.

Given this is not going to happen, I thought that maybe some day I could find something similar from the same place and period.

The closest I saw on the site above were these, minus the gold jacket/collar around the diamond; and the closure was at the bottom, not the top. And total carat weight was about 3, not 1.20.
Nicer setting than these...but, roughly that was the idea. Very simple and classic but exquisite craftsmanship.

If I could get some recommendations of antique jewelry sites that would carry this type of European jewelry, it would be much appreciated. I am thinking I would be most likely to find this on a European antique jewelry site, but not necessarily.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, screen shot the ones you refer to. I’m a bit of a “hunter” so I’ll see what I can find :wink2:

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ta, da.

Yeap. Bron, what scrasmum found is closer.

Now will you excuse me while I go away to punch myself in the face again, now that I see the price too?
Lang antiques are really expensive. I’ll keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results