shape
carat
color
clarity

Sending stuff to David Klass

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
A bit over a year ago David made me ring. It's in need of some polishing and re-rhodium plating. I emailed and asked if he would like me to send him the ring or if I should just get it done locally. He said if I sent them to him he would give both of my ring he made and my wedding band the spa treatment, but, he asked that I send them directly to him. In the past, when I have sent him my rings, and he has sent them back, they have always come from a different location. I asked him to clarify because of how we had done it in the past and he responded with his LA address and said to send them there.

Has anyone every sent them directly to him? I'm pretty hesitant as the zip code is one I always specifically heard you should avoid sending high valued jewelry to. Just wondering if anyone has sent anything directly to him and how it worked out.

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polishing and rhodium plating is something you can do locally - it is good to develop a relationship with a local shop for simple and easy jobs such as this. I don't see the need to spend on shipping and the risk of the items getting lost in-transit. Your local shop can also tighten prongs, resize and do other simple tasks if needed.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono, that was my thought too, but I know some jewelers prefer if only they do maintenance work on pieces they have made so I wanted to check with him first. But, given the option of sending it directly to his shop, I think I'll probably just have it done locally.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never sent completed pieces back to David, but I have sent stones to him for settings to be made and they went to zip code
Los Angeles, CA 90014. I have never had an issue with this but if you are concerned, I would just have the rings serviced locally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results