shape
carat
color
clarity

Semi mounts from China?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have any of you bought semi mounts from China? If so, from whom, and were they good quality?

I'm hoping to reset my AAAA tanzanite pieces sometime in the future from 18kt yellow gold into white gold. They're not pieces I would wear a lot, but at least in w/g, I'd wear them.

I've seen halo mounts from China, which give you the opportunity to upgrade both the gold and diamond grade, but my husband is wary of buying saying it could devalue my stones if the mounts aren't good quality.

Any experience folks?

MTIA

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would not recommend buying jewelry from China, unless it's a brand name jewelry made in China. I personally cannot trust the quality of the craftsmanship, and if there is a problem and you need to return, an international shipping with insurance and signature confirmation could be a hassle.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to post your question over in the colored stones forum. I think the folks there have quite a bit of experience with various Chinese vendors, particularly some that advertise on ebay.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I bought a rose gold setting halo setting with little diamonds (total 1ct ie lots of little diamonds) and was very happy with the quality of the setting. I can't post a pic because it was for a Moissanite I had. I bought the setting off eBay. I did research to ensure it was one of the better Chinese makers. Check their feedback (number and % rating) if you want to go that route.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
img_1706.jpg
Hope the mods don't mind - it's 3 row halo with extras down the sides. 14kt rose gold, good solid quality, I think it was around $600.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for the replies, I'll check out the thread.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, I have now gotten 5 settings from that company, and I have been happy with all of them. Do be prepared, though, for very slow and frustrating communication.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results