shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold selling my old mine cut oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
So Im absolutely in love with this stone but nature of the beast I've decided to upgrade to a 2+ ct stone. I've had her safely tucked in my safe for months now while i've been dreaming up the perfect victor barbone inspired setting. I've got my eye on a larger stone so reluctantly Ive listed her on loupe troop. She is a gorgeous 1.28 ct dpl certified old mine oval diamond. Graded p-r color vs2 clarity. This diamond faces up like a 1.8ct at 7.25x6.51. Please contact me for more pics and videos. This diamond is a total sparkle bomb so she is difficult to photograph. I purchased this diamond from a vendor in Germany hence the dpl cert. I have the cert on hand. More photos on Loupe troop. I'm hoping to find her the perfect home. <a href="http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/old-mine-cut-oval-diamond">Old mine cut oval diamond on Loupe Troop</a>

Attachments

• 207F739A-D2D5-461A-A174-1B11CFCEEE59.jpeg
    207F739A-D2D5-461A-A174-1B11CFCEEE59.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 19

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PS friends, I’ve had two buyers lined up for my stone who have blown me off . I’ve reduced the price. Please check it out and share if you know someone who might be interested. I can’t budge on price. I’ve got my eye on a 2ct so I’m hoping to sell ASAP.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll just be honest: It's overpriced. It's a beautiful stone, but
1. It's not a rare shape or faceting style​
2. It's not branded​
3. It's got a second-tier lab report (only GIA and AGSL have gravitas here in the US - that's not true in other parts of the world, but since you're selling here in the US...)​
4. It's a private sale on the secondary market - the buyer has no vendor guarantees or freedom to return​
5. Pale yellow is not a generally desirable colour - both less strongly-coloured and more strongly-coloured would command higher prices​
6. You aren't a known PS personality whose eyes and opinions we've learnt to trust implicitly over the years (ex. @ForteKitty)​

Here's a sampling of your competition. I'm on the phone and searching is a bit of a pain, but just for example.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I'll just be honest: It's overpriced. It's a beautiful stone, but
1. It's not a rare shape or faceting style​
2. It's not branded​
3. It's got a second-tier lab report (only GIA and AGSL have gravitas here in the US - that's not true in other parts of the world, but since you're selling here in the US...)​
4. It's a private sale on the secondary market - the buyer has no vendor guarantees or freedom to return​
5. Pale yellow is not a generally desirable colour - both less strongly-coloured and more strongly-coloured would command higher prices​
6. You aren't a known PS personality whose eyes and opinions we've learnt to trust implicitly over the years (ex. @ForteKitty)​

Here's a sampling of your competition. I'm on the phone and searching is a bit of a pain, but just for example.

Thank you for your feedback. I realy appreciate your honesty. I totally get what your saying however the clarity is definitely better than the first example you showed. I’d say a VS2 would definitely be worth more than a bluffy (I1 I’d assume) stone. I can’t seem to find your second example. I suppose I overpaid in the first place. Nevertheless I do adore the stone so I will sit on it a bit, reduce it as much as I can afford to and then if it doesn’t sell I’ll set it and cherish it as I originally planned.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely a VS is worth more than a visibly included stone! It’s hard to find close comps, as I’m sure you know as well! To be honest my reaction re. pricing came first, when I checked your LT link, and I attempted to find comps afterward to justify that strong initial feeling.

My advice would be to reduce as much as you’re comfortable with and not a penny more. A sale that you don’t feel good about is not a sale worth making. If it doesn’t sell at your asking price, even after some time, then you know it’s not a cost your target market is willing to bear and you can take stock on how you feel (about both price and audience)... The worst thing you can do right now is reduce, reduce, reduce in a rush - people watching your listing will infer that you’re desperate to sell and will hold off on contacting you to see just how low you’ll go. Trust me, those people would rather lose a stone at $3500 than buy and wonder how much they “overpaid”. And most likely you’ll go low enough that you won’t feel good about the sale a week or two later.

Last edited:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Also remember you are not selling sentiment. How you feel about an object doesn’t influence its value.... and if you did over pay a buyer won’t and shouldn’t be sympathetic I’m sorry to say. I agree with the advice list for what you are happy with and wait as long as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results