shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling - Betteridge or Ann's Fabulous Finds

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had any experience selling to either one of these? If so, could you possibly share your experience?

I'm thinking of consigning a few items, inclg Hermes handbags, scarves, VCA earrings & bracelet and designer shoes & boots that I have never worn and some LV items. Trying to decide to whom I should send my VCA jewellery.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had any experience selling to either one of these? If so, could you possibly share your experience?

I'm thinking of consigning a few items, inclg Hermes handbags, scarves, VCA earrings & bracelet and designer shoes & boots that I have never worn and some LV items. Trying to decide to whom I should send my VCA jewellery.

I do not have an answer for you, Phoenix. I saw this thread just sitting and thought I should at least acknowledge it. I know the Betteridge store in Greenwich. At least I knew the old one before they moved to their new digs. I have never consigned with them, however. I did bring in a pair of designer earrings that I bought at a website where I got them at a slightly discounted price, though. I wanted to be sure they were authentic...and Betteridge assured me that they were. That is a fun store to shop in. I wish I could be of more help about consigning.

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS-I consigned some Roberto Coin jewelry with The Real Real.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have an answer for you, Phoenix. I saw this thread just sitting and thought I should at least acknowledge it. I know the Betteridge store in Greenwich. At least I knew the old one before they moved to their new digs. I have never consigned with them, however. I did bring in a pair of designer earrings that I bought at a website where I got them at a slightly discounted price, though. I wanted to be sure they were authentic...and Betteridge assured me that they were. That is a fun store to shop in. I wish I could be of more help about consigning.

Deb :wavey:

Thank you, Deb. Very sweet of you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another site I have heard about that is suppose to be reputable is Yoogi’s Closet https://www.yoogiscloset.com/ . They are mentioned quite extensively on another forum that specializes in designer handbags. I am not endorsing them but you may want to check them out.

They have a handbag I am contemplating buying. They include lots of detail and have many pictures about the items they sell. I know that is important to me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another site I have heard about that is suppose to be reputable is Yoogi’s Closet https://www.yoogiscloset.com/ . They are mentioned quite extensively on another forum that specializes in designer handbags. I am not endorsing them but you may want to check them out.

They have a handbag I am contemplating buying. They include lots of detail and have many pictures about the items they sell. I know that is important to me.

Great! I'll check them out. Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix would you be comfortable posting on LT before consigning to see if there's any interest? Selling straight to consumer is of course riskier, especially with higher-ticket items, but you have some names that I imagine might garner a few bites from long-timers and potentially save you the consignment fees...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix would you be comfortable posting on LT before consigning to see if there's any interest? Selling straight to consumer is of course riskier, especially with higher-ticket items, but you have some names that I imagine might garner a few bites from long-timers and potentially save you the consignment fees...

I agree with this. There are definitely some long term VCA aficionados that peruse LT.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@yssie, @mrs-b, I guess i was thinking that consignment would be less work for me. But yes, why not. I should start taking pics and post them on LT.

Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, @mrs-b, I guess i was thinking that consignment would be less work for me. But yes, why not. I should start taking pics and post them on LT.

Thank you.

That is definitely true. Leather pieces, especially, would sell most quickly with photos of all wear and tear, and I know you’ve got other things going on - totally up to you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely true. Leather pieces, especially, would sell most quickly with photos of all wear and tear, and I know you’ve got other things going on - totally up to you!

Yes, I do have a lot going on right now. And on top of all that, I am thinking of setting my ten loose pieces of 44 pt diamonds into a tennis bracelet - finally!! I'll start a new thread. Would love it if you could pop over there and help me figure out which style and how many pieces.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI for anyone who may be thinking of consignment or buying estate, I happened to stumble upon brluxuryconsulting. Check out the pieces listed on their Instagram page!!:lickout::lickout::lickout:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, another jeweler in Greenwich that sells estate jewelry is Steven Fox, on Lewis St.
I always go in to drool.

How funny! I bought my first "real" diamond-i.e. my first diamond of 1 carat or more-there! I was with a female friend and I used "my own" money. I was way over forty. My engagement ring was two 1 point diamonds inside an 18 karat gold oval that my husband (then my fiancé) bought in Italy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, by all means do list on LT! I think you'd need a middle man in the US, and I'd suggest Neil Beatty. He'll provide an appraisal for the buyer at their expense, and once the buyer pays, he will ship to them. That's much less scary for US buyers just so the package is insured during shipping.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @LLJsmom was at one point in time interested in your VCA sweet pave bracelet? Maybe you 2 could find a way to make it work?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix how are you doing? Are you feeling better. I wish I could PM you. I also have some health challenges and I could commiserate with you. What pieces are you thinking about selling? VCA always peaks my interest.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, by all means do list on LT! I think you'd need a middle man in the US, and I'd suggest Neil Beatty. He'll provide an appraisal for the buyer at their expense, and once the buyer pays, he will ship to them. That's much less scary for US buyers just so the package is insured during shipping.

That's a good idea, @diamondseeker2006 . Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix how are you doing? Are you feeling better. I wish I could PM you. I also have some health challenges and I could commiserate with you. What pieces are you thinking about selling? VCA always peaks my interest.

@LLJsmom , sorry to hear you're having some health challenges too. I'm better, though it may only temporary respite. I am currently on two nasal sprays, one is a steroid and the other a decongestant, which seem to help a lot to reduce my inflammation. However, I can't use these long term and would prob need surgery at some point, which I am trying to put off!

I'll put up a LT listing, so perhaps you could contact me there?

I'm thinking of selling the Sweet pave Alhambra bracelet and the Lotus earrings. I don't find myself reaching for them, particularly the Lotus earrings which may have been worn only 2-3 times.

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you are feeling better, @Phoenix! :wavey:

I'm going to expand my VCA collection again next year. I already have the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings + pendant so I'm looking at a few other VCA Alhambra/Frivole pieces for the future.

I hope you can find a buyer soon b/c I can't wait to see what you are up to with the proceeds of your sale! I always look forward to your updated bling collection thread! :sun:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you are feeling better, @Phoenix! :wavey:

I'm going to expand my VCA collection again next year. I already have the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings + pendant so I'm looking at a few other VCA Alhambra/Frivole pieces for the future.

I hope you can find a buyer soon b/c I can't wait to see what you are up to with the proceeds of your sale! I always look forward to your updated bling collection thread! :sun:

Thank you, @m-2-b. And right back atcha!!:mrgreen2:

What VCA Alhambra/ Frivole pieces are you thinking of adding to your already amazingly fabulous collection? Yanno, I wish I'd bought the Frivole earrings instead. I think they are more *me*. Either those or the Magic Alhambra earrings. I prefer the Magic Alhambra pave earrings on me to Vintage pave, though I absolutely adore my Vintage LE Onyx Alhambra earrings and wear them quite often.

Ha, the proceeds? I dunno yet. Still toying with the idea of upgrading Holly, but am not sure about swallowing the huge loss accompanying her departure, nor am I sure about shelling out tens of thousands more dollars to go up in size as well as colour. So, now I'm back to thinking of setting her in VC Emilya halo. I'm also toying of the idea of "downgrading" (GULP!!:o) to a 4-4.5ct G colour stone.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got the pave Frivole earrings in WG on my wish list and maybe some sort of pave Alhambra bracelet (depending upon my budget) for next year! I just finished a project w/ WF so I'm currently tapped out at the moment! :Up_to_something:

I think the Magic Alhambra earrings would look fabulous on you--would it still be comfortable for you to wear? Also, what about the Flowerlace earrings?

I'd hate for you to trade in Holly--my vote would be to put her in a fabulous VC halo like mine! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got the pave Frivole earrings in WG on my wish list and maybe some sort of pave Alhambra bracelet (depending upon my budget) for next year! I just finished a project w/ WF so I'm currently tapped out at the moment! :Up_to_something:

I think the Magic Alhambra earrings would look fabulous on you--would it still be comfortable for you to wear? Also, what about the Flowerlace earrings?

I'd hate for you to trade in Holly--my vote would be to put her in a fabulous VC halo like mine! :))

What WF project?! What WF project?! Spill, gf!!:lol:

Frivole pave earrings would be AMAZING!!:love: I wish I'd bought them instead. I hmm'ed and haaa''ed about them for soooo long, and then at the at last moment bought the Lotus earrings instead. Dunno what came over me!:eek-2: I adore the Vintage-sized Alhambra pave bracelet. Wish I'd bought that instead of the Sweet. Think my eyesight is deteriorating, the clovers on the Sweet are just too small for *my* eyes! lol

I tried on the Magic Alhambra and they felt fine - they looked like fireballs on my ears! Talk about love/ lust at first sight! lol. Also tried on the Flowerlace, loved them but think they may be a tad too big for me, given my smaller stature.

Yes, the thought of losing tens of thousands of dollars if I were to sell Holly!!;(. And I do love your fabulous VC Emilya ring!:love:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

+1 to @diamondseeker2006 's suggestion
I had looked at several of you LT listing, but international transaction scared me off, because I am unfamiliar with all of the regulations/fees

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to @diamondseeker2006 's suggestion
I had looked at several of you LT listing, but international transaction scared me off, because I am unfamiliar with all of the regulations/fees

I agree and would be willing to do so. It would be safer for both the buyer and myself.

What regulations/ fees are you concerned with in particular? I don't profess to be an expert but have some familiarity with some of the US Customs rules, having sent items to the US before. Where are you based, if I may ask?

It maybe worthwhile to note also that I sold my tsav to a very sweet PS'er. I had my DH hand carry it to the US when he visited his family. Just saying this is available as an option, but in this case this PS'er had to wait a very looooong time, bc 1) I was sick and not able to do much and 2) we had to wait til DH had an opportunity to go there. He could always hand carry the item and leave it with someone like Neil.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Luxury closet is a site I have bought from. But @Phoenix if you want to know where to send your VCA earrings, send them to me! :lol:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree and would be willing to do so. It would be safer for both the buyer and myself.

What regulations/ fees are you concerned with in particular? I don't profess to be an expert but have some familiarity with some of the US Customs rules, having sent items to the US before. Where are you based, if I may ask?

It maybe worthwhile to note also that I sold my tsav to a very sweet PS'er. I had my DH hand carry it to the US when he visited his family. Just saying this is available as an option, but in this case this PS'er had to wait a very looooong time, bc 1) I was sick and not able to do much and 2) we had to wait til DH had an opportunity to go there. He could always hand carry the item and leave it with someone like Neil.
I guess it is really just a fear of the unknown. I have no idea what is involved with customs and international shipping. Any time I have purchased something outside of the states, I was always present and carried with me home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results