shape
carat
color
clarity

selling a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkleandshine

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if this is the correct place to post this, but pricescope really helped me during the buying process, maybe there is help here for the selling process??? I purchased a beautiful 2.13 asscher cut stone from GOG about three years ago and had it set by Leon Mege. The engagement was broken the day of the wedding and my fiance did not want the ring back. The stone has a buy back guarantee from GOG, however the side stones and setting by Leon are so amazing I hate to seperate all the pieces. Has anyone ever sold a diamond ring? Any advice is appreciated.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about the engagement
7.gif

For such a high end and expensive ring, you may want to try Pearlman''s online or see if a reputable local jeweler might put it on consignment for you?

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Erica and Grace do consignments. I''ve had great luck with that. I sold one ring on there for over 3 times what I paid for it.

I would definitely contact them. I believe they charge a lot less than Pearlman''s too for consigning.

I wish I could see this ring. The picture didn''t come through on the first post.

sparkleandshine

Rough_Rock
Pictures are the one thing I could never do on here. It always tells me my file is too big?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that your engagement was broken. I second the votes for Pearlmans and Erica Grace...

Collee

Shiny_Rock
How devastating. I am so sorry to hear about the broken engagement.
39.gif

Since you are taking advantage of GOG's buy-back policy why not ask Jon if he has any interest in the ring. I don't think Leon has a buy-back policy (at least one that I am aware of) but it doesn't hurt to give him a call and inquire. Erica and Grace is also another great recommendation.
Good luck and hang in there!

eta: was the diamond purchased by you or your ex-fiance?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry things didn''t work out
7.gif

Ditto calling GOG.

I hope things work out!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry the engagement didn''t work out.

I recently got divorced and was fortunate enough to have a brother, who has an established ebay business, offer to sell my e-ring for me. I got $4k for a ring my ex paid $6500 for. I realize your ring is far more valuable than mine was, but if you have an established ebay selling account or know someone who does and you''d be willing to cut them some commission for their time and trouble you might go that route. Otherwise, the above posters have mentioned some great options. Good luck to you.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that consigment may be the best deal for you. The fact that you have a diamond and setting from recognizable and respected dealers is in your favor.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry about the engagement.
7.gif
I would try contacting Erica Grace. They''re just so great to deal with, they''re very reasonable with consignments, and while there isn''t a "consignment fee" with ebay; there are other fees for posting it if the person who sells it for you doesn''t want to pay out of pocket. Hang in there.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ditto looking into Jewels By Erica Grace and Pearlman''s. I bet you''d have better luck selling through them than eBay because so many PSers peruse those sites and know the name Leon Mege. You could also see if Leon Mege will take it on consignment. I''ve seen previously owned pieces on his site so he might.

I''m sorry to hear about your engagement and good luck selling the ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear what happened. Good luck selling your ring.

Niamh

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your engagement. Have you looked at www.idonowidont.com? Its another option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results