shape
carat
color
clarity

selling a diamond/ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bob_eastman

Rough_Rock
Greetings, everyone,

I'm sure a post like this is nothing new, but given my limited knowledge on the subject I figured I'd make a topic of my own and see what sort of personalized info I could get. Ye Olde Marriage didn't take, so now I have the engagement ring that I'm looking to sell, but I'm also curious what selling just the diamond would do for me. The details are as follows:

Diamond:
quantity - 1
shape - round brilliant cut
dimensions - max. diameter - 6.45mm.; min. diameter - 6.38mm; depth - 3.78mm
depth percentage: 58.9%
girlde - thin-medium, polished
clarity - VS2
color: H
actual weight - 1.02 carat

Setting:
metal - gold, stamped
purity - 14K
color - white
finish - high polish
weight - 3.8 grams, gemstones included
Gemstones - Diamonds
shape - full cut
quantity - 10
dimensions - average diam.-2.45mm; depth-1.5 mm
average clarity - SI1
average color - H
channel five set on each side
estimated weight - 0.50 carat

The insurance appraisal came out to be $9400. I can only mention what I paid for the setting, as the diamond was taken from my mother's engagement ring, and I have no idea what my dad paid for the diamond back in 1978. WHATEVER thoughts any of you have on what I should or could expect for it (guesstimates are just fine), where I would be best served going in terms of selling it, etc...please let me know at your convenience. Much appreciated!

Mike

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you've thought about this, but what about giving the stone back to your mother?

Also, you don't mention the table size.

GLudlow

Rough_Rock
Diamonds are a hard sell if you don't have a large inventory and a lot of time. I'd recommend getting a GIA certificate for it, look at comparable stones here (use the awesome search engine!) and then try to find someone you know who's getting engaged and give them a deal.

bob_eastman

Rough_Rock
She doesn't want it back, probably because she and my father wound up getting divorced. I guess I should rename this post 'selling a cursed diamond/ring.'

What exactly is the table size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results