shape
carat
color
clarity

Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering if anyone had one and your thoughts on them. My DH has really bad back problems and our top of the line Sterns and Foster is just too soft for him (only 2 years old). We need a new bed so we thought we might go with the sleep number but I wanted to get some real life opinions before spending all that money. Also did anyone get the adjustable frame to go with it?

Thanks!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don''t have one yet but have been looking at them for a couple years. DH also has back issues (already had one surgery when he was 22, could use another one but currently cortisone shots are working well). He definitely needs a different level of firmness than I do, and basically we are waiting until we move into a new house to purchase one. We have a KS pillow top now, can''t remember the brand, but it is way too firm for both of us and we hate it. We semi-resolved the problem by getting a baffled featherbed to put on top of it and that helps some, but the featherbed is supersoft and that''s not the most ideal route for us either.

I''ve heard nothing but positive things from friends and co-workers who have the Sleep Number bed...can''t remember if they specified whether they had the adjustable frame though.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a memory foam topper mattress for my bed years ago. Tremendous help for the back.

Note that there are different firmnesses of memory foam - and my understanding is that you should get a lighter one (say 4 - 4.5 Lb) instead of 5 or higher if you are putting the topper on a standard mattress.

Here are two links to check out:

www.vitalityweb.com

http://www.selectabed.com/

Perry

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
www.overstock.com

Good site to purchase memory foam topper for your mattress.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one (we have the Stearns and Foster Four Seasons bed), but a friend has the Sleep Number you talk of and love it. I just know they rave about it almost every time we see them!
31.gif

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
The sleep # bed is indeed comfortable, but I have to warn you that their follow-up service (if you should have a problem) is virtually non-existent. My ex had a King size bed, and one of the sides started leaking air. You would think they have some sort of technician or repair person to send over, but they didn''t. They just had us keep ordering various parts that we had to install ourselves, to eventually fix the bed. I think we tried out 2 new airbags and a pump before the bed was okay again. Just something to keep in mind if you are/aren''t handy....

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I have had the sleep number bed for over 10 years. I LOVE IT. Now three other people in my office have purchased it including my boss with previous back surgery and my very pregnant co-worker and they love it, too. I have never had a bed last this long, and I expect to get another 10 years out of it, so although the initial price may be higher, I am getting more value than previous beds. The adjustable thingy was not available when I was buying. BTW my sleep number is 45 and so is my hubby. I initially bought it cos he wanted a firmer bed than I like--and here we are the same #. Go figure. Sometimes I change the firmess depending on how my back feels. The first 6 weeks we were zipping it up and down all the time, now I rarely change it. It has been one of the best investments I have ever made. When I go shopping in the mall I want to pop my head in the store and tell the people lookng at them that they are GREAT!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I have a combo mattress - it has spring coils that are wrapped in the memory foam stuff. It''s not as plush as the straight memory foam and not nearly as firm as traditional coils and we love it. We purchased it at Denver Mattress about 1.5 years ago and it was the best money we''ve ever spent. It is sooooo comfy - I hate getting out of bed in the morning! It was pricey ($1200 for a queen set) but sooo worth it. Good luck with your search!

~Jess~

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I've only owned my Sleep Number bed for about 1.5 years now. Most of the time I was happy with it. I really like how you can change the firmness. But recently I'm not so happy with it. The bed now dips in the middle. It's not really uncomfortable for me but I end up sleeping in the middle of the bed and squishing my husband. He hasn't been very comfortable. We called Customer Service and they said that if we buy an extra barrier to put in the middle of the bed (which would be $10 plus shipping), it might fix the dip. I feel that we've paid enough already for the bed and we shouldn't have to pay extra to get a stupid piece of foam that might fix the problem!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have owned one for 6 years now and LOVE it. No problems whatsoever with it, so far. I highly recommend them.

Linda

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I slept on one a couple years ago on vacation. To be honest, I didnt like it that much & didnt see what the big deal was. I guess its because my husband & I like our bed the same firmness so no problems with that. It was fun though going from one number to the other. LOL And timing how long it would take to get to the top number. LOL Geez, sometimes I do act like I''m 4 yrs old. LOL Bottom line, for me, I didnt like the # bed. I see some on the board here that like it. I suppose like anything else, some like it, some dont. :)

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results