shape
carat
color
clarity

Seizures

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had a couple of seizures over the past ten days. I don’t have epilepsy but I do take an anticonvulsant for bipolar disorder. I have an MRI scheduled for Wednesday. I wont see a neurologist until after the MRI. I have also developed this funky tremor.

Have any of you just started having seizures out of the blue? When I look at Dr. Google, the options are really frightening.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I have not had the experience, no, but I am sorry to read you're experiencing such distressing symptoms. I hope you find an answer quickly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@House Cat I don’t have any information on seizures..but I would suggest you stop asking Dr. Google. I’ve frightened myself silly over the years googling symptoms. I never had what I thought I had after googling my symptoms..It may be something as simple as you needing a medication change. I hope that’s all it is..That’s good you’re getting checked out. Please let us know how you make out after your appointment. Big hugs..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No advice, just sending good thoughts your way @House Cat

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No experience with this @House Cat, but sorry to hear you're dealing with this and I hope it gets figured out soon and it's nothing serious.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not had the experience, no, but I am sorry to read you're experiencing such distressing symptoms. I hope you find an answer quickly.

Me too because my doctor told me I’m not allowed to drive. It’s a lot of freedom taken from me.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat I don’t have any information on seizures..but I would suggest you stop asking Dr. Google. I’ve frightened myself silly over the years googling symptoms. I never had what I thought I had after googling my symptoms..It may be something as simple as you needing a medication change. I hope that’s all it is..That’s good you’re getting checked out. Please let us know how you make out after your appointment. Big hugs..

You’re right. Researching feels compulsive at this point because I’m trying so desperately to solve the problem. I’m so hoping this is just a freak thing. Needing a medication change would definitely be the best scenario. Hugs to you too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles.......

kind regards--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It happened to a friend of mine who is also on bipolar meds they did not find anything and after a few weeks they just stopped and 5+ years later has not had another.
Prayers are outgoing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to read this @House Cat .
I understand its a very worrying time but im also joining the chorus of please stay away from Doc Google
Im sorry about the driving
Take care and best wishes for no mote

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It happened to a friend of mine who is also on bipolar meds they did not find anything and after a few weeks they just stopped and 5+ years later has not had another.
Prayers are outgoing!

Thanks Karl. This is really encouraging

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
In so sorry you’re experiencing this! My brother who is 47 has been having small focal seizures every couple days for the past 4 years. He also had 2 grand mal seizures. He has had several MRI’s, even done a week of stimulation type study where the play loud music, turn light on etc to trigger seizures. But no cause was found. He is just taking increasing doses of anti seizure meds….he is seeing a well known neurologist, but she has found no lesions etc which may have caused the onset of the seizures.

The only thing they can point to is a skiing accident causing concussion about 15 years ago, but as I mentioned above, nothing can be seen from any scans or studies done so far.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry. Sending healing vibes your way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, I’m sorry you are going thru this. Thinking of you and sending lots of health dust your way. Please try to refrain from googling medical sites.

My husband has epilepsy and started having grand mal seizures when he was 16. It is completely controlled with medicine. He lives a full normal life and is able to drive. He sees a neurologist once a year and they check to make sure his medication is at the correct level in his bloodstream. If you are concerned about this being epilepsy, I hope reading this puts your mind at ease.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
@House Cat, sending you lots of prayers and healing hugs. I do not have experience with seizures personally. I am grateful you are getting checked tomorrow and pray for definitive answers for you. Please stay away from the interwebs of doc google. That is a scary place and causes more stress and anxiety.

My new assistant at work started having seizures once she started working for our company. She had never had them in her 50 years. They are caused by light stimulation, too many lines on a spreadsheet, scrolling too quickly on a screen, bright colors on her monitor. She worked with our IT team to mute the screen colors, works more slowly as to not trigger her brain.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my sister starting having seizures I think around 5-7 years or so ago (she is currently 63), no known cause, she takes medicine which has controlled hers pretty well, she has no known triggers, she is currently on ss disability due to that and mental issues, she is on no meds for the mental issues...I have witnessed one it was minor but still frightening to see, I am so sorry this has happened for you.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had a couple of seizures over the past ten days. I don’t have epilepsy but I do take an anticonvulsant for bipolar disorder. I have an MRI scheduled for Wednesday. I wont see a neurologist until after the MRI. I have also developed this funky tremor.

Have any of you just started having seizures out of the blue? When I look at Dr. Google, the options are really frightening.

I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope it gets resolved soon!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be Tardive Dyskonesia (caused by some antidepressants)? Or was it more like a full on seizure? I don’t know the answer, but for sure ask your doctor/s.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be Tardive Dyskonesia (caused by some antidepressants)? Or was it more like a full on seizure? I don’t know the answer, but for sure ask your doctor/s.

They are full on seizures. The first one, i was at a friend’’s house and i just hit the floor, twitching with my eyes open and fixed. I have no memory of it. I couldn’t get myself off the floor for about 45 minutes. Afterwards, I was totally confused.

I know TD. I’ve seen it a few times in the hospital. This was different.

So far my GP is very concerned. Although, he seemed more interested in my tremor.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s encouraging to know that people can have late onset seizures. I’m really sorry for the people who are experiencing them.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. The MRI went fine. Now, I wait for the results. They said they would take 24 to 48 hours

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Checking in and prayers outgoing for happy news.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a side note, I’ve gained so much weight that I had to have my rings cut off for the MRI

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
On a side note, I’ve gained so much weight that I had to have my rings cut off for the MRI

Well, the plus side is you can get them resized to fit comfortably, or get new rings! Crossing fingers and sending prayers you get a good outcome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results