shape
carat
color
clarity

seen a setting like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have any of you seen a setting like this but with a head for a center stone? there has to be but I can''t find one! I got this ring off of fay cullen but she doesn''t have anything like this for a center stone and I''d prefer not to buy there anyway... anything like this would be helpful to at least add to the folder to give to the designer. Of course if I can find just the right one already made, bonus!! Prefer it not be full eternity but don''t let that stop you from a pic or link if you have it!!! TIA guys!

<~ one step closer to ringday!!

1asdfw.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 11:26:38 PM
Author: jayrenay9
That really reminds me of a jbstar ring.

http://www.jbstar.com/
oooooh good eye!!! Some of those look HUGEEEEEE lol Anyone know their price range?

I saw several I liked but these two showed it well... I like the diamonds on the left but the gallery on the right could work. Maybe, with modification.

cehgood.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Solomon brothers carries the line but it says to call for price which usually means
22.gif
. I think they run along the same pricelines as many of the designers you''d see on Pearlman''s site.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 8:59:47 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Solomon brothers carries the line but it says to call for price which usually means
22.gif
. I think they run along the same pricelines as many of the designers you''d see on Pearlman''s site.
What is $$ for a setting? like 10k or more? I''ve never quite figured out what is average $ for a setting... What does the average pave''d leon go for? I just have no idea. I have seen rings like the one I describe (not close enough to buy unfortunately) for like $800 and the one I saw on friday was 5k. There was another ring there almost exactly like it (different designer) for 2.7k and the jeweler and I could NOT figure out why one was twice the other. The cheaper one had more diamonds and both were 18kwg. Unfortunately neither was right enough, but I know I like that pattern. I think pearlmans'' is like 5-6k or so generally? except some brands he has are like 12-18k and others are like 2-3k. I can never figure out why one ring is so much more than another. If it is all brand name, designer name, I really don''t need that lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 11:09:15 AM
Author: jayrenay9
You might also like this Chad Allison...
Yeah I love those rings... I really love the geometric shapes and cutouts and filligree... unfortunately when I looked at some with my stone they just did NOT go together. It was too busy. My stone is kinda busy and different parts of my stone have totally different personalities and I thought that sort of setting would really be a bonus but instead it was just TOO MUCH lol bummer!!

If I cannot afford the setting I want then I''ll probably remove the baguettes and do brushed metal in the middle... or remove the rounds and have shiny bands. I dunno.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 12:12:04 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 9/17/2006 8:59:47 AM

Author: mrssalvo

22.gif
What is $$ for a setting? like 10k or more? I''ve never quite figured out what is average $ for a setting... What does the average pave''d leon go for? I just have no idea. I have seen rings like the one I describe (not close enough to buy unfortunately) for like $800 and the one I saw on friday was 5k. There was another ring there almost exactly like it (different designer) for 2.7k and the jeweler and I could NOT figure out why one was twice the other. The cheaper one had more diamonds and both were 18kwg. Unfortunately neither was right enough, but I know I like that pattern. I think pearlmans'' is like 5-6k or so generally? except some brands he has are like 12-18k and others are like 2-3k. I can never figure out why one ring is so much more than another. If it is all brand name, designer name, I really don''t need that lol

just guessing here but i''d the JBstar would run 5-6k range but it really is just a guess . maybe someone who has priced out JBStar settings will chime it. I''ve called Leon for a couple of quotes myself. typically i''d say he runs more than Ritani and Less than Michael b. but keep in mind, ritani rings are cast then handset, leon''s are all handmade but for what he does he''s priced very well IMO. a pave ring he quoted me a while back was around $2500 but it was pretty straight forward. I think Reena''s was closer to 4-5K back when she had it done so it''s probably a bit more now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results