shape
carat
color
clarity

seeking help with offical terms

le506

Rough_Rock
I am trying to work with a jeweler to create a custom setting and I need help learning the lingo for 2 issues and I was hoping some of you pros could help me out...
1) how do you explain how high the actual stone sticks up off the top of the band (i.e. not to poke your eye out while sleeping like some of the cathedrals)
2) how do you explain that you want the WB to sit flush against the band of the E-ring below or underneath the fancy "head" part with the stone (not to have the WB either notched out to go around the fancy head or not to have the WB and fancy head flush but not the band parts)
Thanks for the help!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 12:07:48 PM
Author:le506
I am trying to work with a jeweler to create a custom setting and I need help learning the lingo for 2 issues and I was hoping some of you pros could help me out...
1) how do you explain how high the actual stone sticks up off the top of the band (i.e. not to poke your eye out while sleeping like some of the cathedrals)
2) how do you explain that you want the WB to sit flush against the band of the E-ring below or underneath the fancy ''head'' part with the stone (not to have the WB either notched out to go around the fancy head or not to have the WB and fancy head flush but not the band parts)
Thanks for the help!
1. just tell your jeweller that you want the stone set low. if you want to specify a mm height for the culet that might be even better, but if your jeweller will be making you a CAD be sure to verify that your mm height desire is planned for the final product, not programmed into the CAD, because after final polishing the space will increase as they ''add'' metal in the CAD
-as in, if you want the diamond culet to sit 0.5mm off the finger, in the CAD they will programme 0.3mm or so - if they model it as 0.5mm, it will be more like 0.6-0.7mm high

2. again, just tell your jeweller that you want a straight wb to sit flush without a space
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results