Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking approximate value

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Chrisso, what sort of stones are these? I don't think they look reflective like diamonds (of course pictures are sometimes not the best way to look at jewelry). Are they sapphires?

I think it would be worth it to have a local appraiser look at this ring on your behalf to value it for you. There are just too many unknowns.

Chrisso

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, MMtwo. I've had some remarks that these could be sapphires, but I'm not the original owner so I don't know very much about it. I've looked into appraisal, but I'm afraid of spending a couple hundred to find out that the ring isn't even worth that much. The diamond tester seems to react to the smaller stones, but not the larger ones. I guess I'm looking for opinions in order to determine whether or not it's worth paying for appraisal.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi, MMtwo. I've had some remarks that these could be sapphires, but I'm not the original owner so I don't know very much about it. I've looked into appraisal, but I'm afraid of spending a couple hundred to find out that the ring isn't even worth that much. The diamond tester seems to react to the smaller stones, but not the larger ones. I guess I'm looking for opinions in order to determine whether or not it's worth paying for appraisal.
You should be able to find someone who will test the stones for you and not write a formal 200.00 appraisal. If someone asked for several hundred for any opinion, I would keep looking!
My old jeweler used to look at stones and tell me what they were and offer an opinion if man made.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    SAG Awards 2021
    SAG Awards 2021

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.