shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice about Tiffany Replica Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CluelessManInSC

Rough_Rock
I figured I''d start a new post concerning just the Tiffany Replica settings. I''ve seen some lovely pictures on here, but they''ve been scattered around. I''m looking for the best way of building an e-ring with a Tiffany setting. In all likelihood, I will probably buy a diamond through GOG. From there, I get a little confused about what I should do. If anyone would like to share their story (and maybe a few pics) about getting a Tiffany Replica Setting, I''m all ears. Also, if anyone has any stories about modifying prongs on the settings, my gf was worried about that, too, so I''d also love any advice on that topic that anyone was willing to offer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I already told you a little about my experience on the other thread, but I thought I''d repeat it here just in case someone else is ever interested. My new diamond came from GOG. I talked to Barry at Excel and asked him the pricing details for my size stone. There is a small setting fee since they did not sell the stone (under $100 I think). Had I gone forward, I would have paid Barry for the setting and had GOG send the diamond over to Excel to set. Then you have two choices. You can have Excel send you the ring directly or you can have it sent back over to GOG for them to check before sending it to you. GOG will pay for free shipping once, so you''d either have to pay for the shipping to Excel or the final shipping to you. GOG will also add your setting description onto the appraisal for your insurance for free if you ask them. As far as the prong tips go, I''d copy Carebear''s new SuperbCert Tiffany setting photo and email it to Barry and tell him you want the prong tips small like hers.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my opinion Superbcert has the best Tiffany repro. there are some other *close* versions out there but theirs is the closest. Do keep in mind the wedding band. we had a pricescoper who purchased the ring and found that the matching knife edge plain band was what really looked best and the only one that worked. It''s a very pretty setting though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2006 10:29:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo
In my opinion Superbcert has the best Tiffany repro. there are some other *close* versions out there but theirs is the closest. Do keep in mind the wedding band. we had a pricescoper who purchased the ring and found that the matching knife edge plain band was what really looked best and the only one that worked. It''s a very pretty setting though.
MrsS, I think Dem tried a channel set and some really thin shared prong bands,, which I agree didn''t look great. I tried on the Tiffany knife edge ring with shared-prong bands of 7 and 10 pointers at Tiffany and thought they looked great. He probably will need to get a Memoire or a Tiffany w-band in order for the stones to be set low next to the Tiffany head, though. That is..if he wants a diamond wedding band.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Whiteflash Tiffany replica which I wear with a shared prong eternity band. The stones in the eternity band are .28 each and the ring fits very nicely under the Tiffany replica setting. I think it works well.
I do not know how to transfer pictures but you can see my rings under my name on Show me the Ring. Or if someone wants to transfer it here, I would be very grateful. i am very pleased with the Whiteflash replica. I got the one with the custom head

jhn

Rough_Rock
I bought the Tiffany-replica from UnionDiamond http://www.uniondiamond.com/jewelry/jewelry.php?item_id=943&action_type_id=2&pic_name=&shape_id= and I've compared the ring to my sisters real Tiffany-settning. I really can't see a difference, and my sister can't either. I will post some pics in a couple of days for you soon! Meanwhile, just look in this thread for some pics on the same lovely setting (Kit's ring):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-union-diamond-knife-edge-solitaire-e-ring.38035/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results