Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

See through Emerald cut diamond?

Zozye

Rough_Rock
So I got my K color radiant and didn't like the color or the cut, radiant just wasn't for me.

Now I'm looking at some Emerald cut diamond and was sent this picture. He said that you can see the setting through the diamond and advised against the stone and his "gut is to go with a higher color radiant". I want an Emerald cut. Why is it see through? *note this is the setting I had made and want to use
http://www.stuller.com/products/bui...on angle 41.8% [ATTACH=full]589482[/ATTACH]

Attachments

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want an emerald then go with a better cut emerald. Shouldnt be too hard to find one. Let us know your budget and
we can point you in the right direction...

Edit - aset images really help with emerald cuts (pretty much any fancy cut). A typical problem with emeralds are that they
do not have any flash/mirroring going on in the center. Aset will help show that. The angles on this one are no good so you
have a big window in the middle. Angles for fancy cuts like emeralds dont tell you enough.

James Allen is a good place to look because they have videos so you can see how the stone reacts as it turns. Another place that
is helpful with emeralds is GOG.

Zozye

Rough_Rock
This is a replacement from my lost E-ring. Insurance paid Union Diamonds in Atlanta (I chose them). I am in Alaska and this is all being done over e-mail. So my money is stuck in Union Diamond... I just want to know why it did this so he can't pull anything or try and push a radiant on me I guess.

Thanks for you edit! I am going to stick to my guns and make them show the imaging.

Zozye

Rough_Rock
Karl_K said:
Perfect example of very bad p3 angles
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.pricescope.com/journal/performance-and-p3-facets-discussion-about-step-cut-diamonds</span>
Thank you! This is what I needed to know!!!

whitewave said:
You can look at their diamonds online. What is your price range and what size range do you want?

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.uniondiamond.com</span>
Around $5,000 and 7x5mm ish Is what I'm aiming for. I sent him a list of 5 I found on their site to look at, then he sent me this one (that wasn't on the site) it was a H VS1 1.37Ct... I emailed him that I'm passing on it and to look for another emerald.

Thank you everyone for your help! This is what I needed to know about emeralds, you are all awesome. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A Perspective on Pearls- Vol. I
    A Perspective on Pearls- Vol. I
    Quarter Century Anniversary Upgrade
    Quarter Century Anniversary Upgrade
    Diamonds and the Movies – Watchlist (Part 1)
    Diamonds and the Movies – Watchlist (Part 1)

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.