shape
carat
color
clarity

Second thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
...about the tiara. Do you ladies think it''s ok to wear a tiara to a garden wedding ceremony???

I thought it looked perfect... and now it seems a bit ridiculous since i wanted to have a low-key affair. Maybe i''m just panicking for no reason?!?

It''s not clear here, but there are other clearer pics of the tiara in my other thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cindys-wedding-dress.119220/

Wedding%20stuff%20010-2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cute! My feeling on these "too formal/not formal enough" questions is this: you should wear whatever makes you feel fabulous. Who cares what other people thing about the formality? Just be your fab self!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Ok thanks jstarfireb :D

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I am not a fan of tiaras anyway, so I am a bad person to ask; but, you could pull it off. I am not sure I 100% love it for a garden wedding though, IMHO....however, wear what you LOVE, because your opinion is the most important for this event!!!!!! You will look beautiful either way!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks UCLABelle... :) Initially, i didn''t want a tiara at all!!! But then i tried on this one and loved it so much!

I think in a moment of mental instability i bought the tiara without thinking about where my wedding is gonna be
4.gif
Still Undecided on the tiara... Hmmmm

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think a tiara is waay over the top for a garden wedding. But that''s just my opinion. If you love it and feel fantastic in it, then rock it!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Cindy...if you aren''t feeling the tiara, how about putting some bling in your hair that would fit with the garden theme? Like some cool hair sticks with flowers, or something like that? Or a really cool flower broach diamond piece in your hair?

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i love tiaras! so i''d say go for it! but if you really feel awkward having one, you can replace it with fancy hairpins that features flowers w/ rhinestones on it... OR i think it''ll work well if you use fresh/silk flowers in your hair since it looks like you have long hair... that will really say garden goddess!
2.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think you would look better without the tiara.

I don''t know your personal style though. If you''re more the type of girl who would go with a lot of sparkle and a tiara would totally fit your personality, then I say go for it. If you''re more understated and natural, then don''t wear it.

SassyB

Shiny_Rock
I agree that if you feel great in it then wear it!
However, in my opinion a flower in your hair is more fitting for a garden wedding.

Either way, you look amazing in that dress!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a huge fan of tiaras, especially for a garden wedding, but that doesn''t mean you can''t wear one. How do you plan on wearing your hair? That might help decide whether or not it''s a good idea.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Who cares what is over the top or not??? You are the BRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this is YOUR DAY!!!!!!!!!! Wear whatever the heck you want to. No one is going to tell you that you are overdressed for your own wedding!!
9.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it matters where the wedding located or how formal the event is, you should wear a tiara if you want to! It''s your day, rock the tiara!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I had the same thoughts and ended up not wearing it for the ceremony..but taking my veil off and throwing it on at the reception. Is this an option?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok - looked through the other thread with more photos and - love the tiara!

if you want to dress it down a bit, i agree with the idea of removing the veil for the reception, and putting just the tiara back on (not sure if that''s what you had in mind anyway - apologies if i''m missing the point here)

anyway, i think it looks great on you and is a nice balance for your dress, low key reception or not.

if you''re really not sure about it and you want a more garden/outdoors look, you could always have a small flower corsage made to slide into your your hair and could replace both veil and tiara with this at the reception. personally, tho, i''d stay with the tiara...

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love tiaras, and I don''t regret wearing one
3.gif
Here is a pic of me wearing one
9.gif

n713160191_3532944_615.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!! I think what i will do it weat the tiara and veil for the wedding ceremony, and then replace it with a flower corsage for the reception.

I think my second thought came from the fact that the tiara is BLING to the MAX and i usually try to draw as little attention to myself as possible
2.gif
BUT it's my wedding day, so what the heck!
3.gif

ETA: Gaby your tiara is Lovely! And so are you! I wish i could look that good on my wedding day
5.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
gaby06 - your tiara is beautiful! would you care to share where you got it from??? i''m shopping for one ;-)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
cleo, what type of tiara are you looking for?

I don''t know what you look like but here are some tips i found online:
-if you have a round face (like me), go for a tiara that is pointy in the middle , royal jewels style
- if you have an oval face, you need a flat tiara, so that it doesn''t elongate your face even more
-if your face is petite, the tiara has to be small, so that it doesn''t overpower you

There are also tips on how you wear your tiara depending on your hair do on the day :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am not a huge fan of a tiara, but if you love it and you feel great, then you can pull it off. You won''t pull it off however, if you don''t feel confident. It certainly goes well with your dress though.
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It looks so pretty!! I am partial to tiaras, though
9.gif
. If you want one, go for it. It looks so pretty on you!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I bought it in NYC, on the fashion district. 38 street between 6 and 7 avenue
41.gif
, I actually stoped by there yesterday, the have some cute clip that I wear in my hear all the time
9.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thx guys :) *summoning confidence right now*

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 4:30:25 AM
Author: cindygenit
-if you have a round face (like me), go for a tiara that is pointy in the middle , royal jewels style

we have the same shape! ohhh... i love it when you mentioned royal jewels style! now i''m reallyyyy feeling the princess vibe for my wedding day!
2.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
38 street between 6 and 7 avenue

gaby06: i am sooo going to check out that area on my lunch break! haha...

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
your wedding day is the only time you can pull off a tiara unless you are a queen or princess, so i say got for it! from the photos, i think it really suits you
1.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ficklefaye :)

cleokizzy, good luck with your search!!! Yay!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:48:24 PM
Author: ficklefaye
your wedding day is the only time you can pull off a tiara unless you are a queen or princess, so i say got for it! from the photos, i think it really suits you
1.gif
My thoughts exactly.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results