shape
carat
color
clarity

second stone...moonstone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Just finished my second stone..a moonstone 3.00ct.

moon 1a.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
another

moon 1b.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to use another good sized piece of rough so i could see the facets and meet points easily..had this piece of moonstone rough

moon 1d.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely awesome Amguy! Wish I could cut my own stones
3.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love it, Amguy!
3.gif

I''m a huge moonstone fan. Are you keeping it, or will be see your offerings on eBay soon?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job! Did this one seem a little easier than the 1st?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
mmmm... moonstone
3.gif
I LOVE it! looks good
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Waaay kewl
9.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the kind comments...maybe one day i will post some on ebay or sell some along the way...this one went a lot quicker than the last one but i had some trouble with my meet points from the crown to girdle..it''s all learning now so the more mistakes i make the better I become..now if i could just get that sphene here I might try one of those..thanks again for looking!
jason

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I normally prefer moonstone cabs, but that''s gorgeous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kribble,
Me too. I prefer my moonstone cabbed since it has that look that’s perfect for being tumbled.
Am Guy,
Was this stone more difficult to handle than the amethyst? I think it looks great! Does faceting it seem to affect the sheen on this one?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, and a nice size too!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
very nice!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Yea I prefer my moonstones cabbed but i decided to facet one since i had rough sitting here..come to find out after reading up on faceted moonstones the recommended cut is the cushion so go figure that I cut a cushion. Although it is a white moonstone and not the best blue it still has that blueish adularescence when you tip and tilt the stone and also when the light hits the facets it flashes a goldish yellow color(only on the facets the light is hitting).
Question: I have another piece of rough that is like 28 or 30cts. that i think i might attempt to cab on my laps...how high do you dome the stones? Is there a proportion to the base size and the dome or high side that you use?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I like faceted moonstones, and I think you have done an awesome job Jason.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome stone....I love it!!!
36.gif

Lori

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Great job again, amethyst guy! What are you planning for the third?

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it''s gorgeous! *putting faceted moonstone on my "want" list*

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I am doing my first trillion(one of my favs) as the third stone..it''s a bigger stone. "oro verde" quartz(irridated quartz)..I decided to try a big stone..i have no idea what the final weight will be since i am not familiar with cutting yet but it will be the biggest yet. I am polishing the pavilion right now and will soon transfer the stone which the part I dislike the most so far...no matter how good you are of how well you transfer the stone to cut the crown it always shirts or transfers slightly off from the pavilion which means you have to do adjusting to line things up...it gives me a little trouble. Here is a pic of it so far..you can see i have polished the facets in the middle and will do the outer ones later today

oro n.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Jason, that is a beautiful stone! Wow, I haven''t been paying attention, off to look for the first one
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! SO pretty!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Do keep posting more progress photos. I would like to give faceting a try someday.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow amethystguy! I really like that moonstone!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results