shape
carat
color
clarity

Second Fitting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I had my second fitting a few days ago, and the dress that was a total disaster, 3 sizes to big, I thought I hated it looks a million times better.

It''s still a bit big in the hip/waist/bust but not too bad. I''m much happier now and after seeing it go from what it was to this, the seamstress really is wonderful.

I think the dress is going to also look way better once the crinoline is straightened out and "fluffed" and the dress is pressed.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
it would probably help if I attached the pictures

frontalt2.jpg

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
the back. The train looks really long in this picture, its not that long! But it is a chapel length...

back alt 2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait, this is for a beach wedding?
33.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Noo! It would be a horrible dress for a beach wedding!

I grew up on the "jersey shore" and both of our families still live there. Our church is a block up from a river and our reception takes place at a venue overlooking the river/bay. We''ll have beach pictures(praying for good weather!), but I''ll be walking down the aisle in a catholic church! I couldn''t imagine getting married in a heavy satin gown on the beach...that would be a big ol'' mistake! I think I would fall over and die!

But I am wearing flip flops
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I like the detailing.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhh........I don''t know why I thought you were having a beach wedding! I was like, "Eek! It''s going to get ruined on the beach!"

My mistake!

And woot for slip flops. I wore Uggs under mine after the ceremony.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 3:40:16 PM
Author: Nov2109
Noo! It would be a horrible dress for a beach wedding!

I grew up on the ''jersey shore'' and both of our families still live there. Our church is a block up from a river and our reception takes place at a venue overlooking the river/bay. We''ll have beach pictures(praying for good weather!), but I''ll be walking down the aisle in a catholic church! I couldn''t imagine getting married in a heavy satin gown on the beach...that would be a big ol'' mistake! I think I would fall over and die!

But I am wearing flip flops
2.gif

At least you wouldn''t be blown over by any wind in a satin dress on the beach!

In all seriousness, it''s looking good!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''m happy to hear you are feeling better about your dress. That must be a huge relief. It is looking really nice.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
It''s sooooooooo pretty!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! :)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Nov- I think it looks lovely. I especially love the back.
37.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was really nervous about the dress...but not so much anymore. I just need a few more alterations, tiny ones thankfully...then onto the bustle! The back is so beautiful I don''t want to hide it, and I really love the look of a french bustle...we''ll see, I''m sure the seamstress will have some thoughts.

ah..decisions. descisions.
1.gif

I''m wondering what they did with all the fabric they had to cut...i could have made something out of it! I''ll have to find out!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
so pretty, and I
30.gif
the back!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it looks lovely! i''m glad you''re happier with it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results