shape
carat
color
clarity

Sears Dept. Store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkle4me

Rough_Rock
During the month of January 03- Sears was advertiseing a .50ct diamond engagement ring for $500.00. They offered round, princess and marquise shapes. My brother purchased the Princess cut and moved to Arizona at which time he became engaged. I only saw the ring briefly at the airport before he left and under the flourescent ligthing it appeared white and lifeless with a hint of sparkle if held just right. Grant it this stone is not what most women want in a diamond ring but I would of thought for that price it would of been much worse. Do Pricescope experts agree that for $500.00 it should of been able to enter the ugly diamond contest?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well in order to decide that we would all have to see the stone. I will say that $500 for a 1/2 carat stone definitely doesn't sound like a price tag attached to any sort of quality. Your getting what you pay for. -

-Josh
Sitka,Alaska
16.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds do tend to flaten out and be lifeless under fluorescent lighting unless the bulbs are "daylight" fluorescent bulbs... Diamonds need U.V. light to "perform"... They also tend to flatten out on cloudy days because the U.V. rays are diffused by the clouds... A half carat diamond for $500.00 well we would have to venture that it's probably not very high in quality, but if your brother and his fiance are happy with it, that is really all that matters.

Sparkle4me

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback. I don't beleive she is happy with the piece of junk he got her but since he is possibly going to war he bought what he could afford so they could be official before he leaves. He knows we are fixing that junk stone asap.
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
If your brother is going to Iraq, he has far more important things to worry about than diamonds. Let's get him home in one piece first. As a veteran myself, I know what he's going through right now.
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results