shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for information on green zoisite

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
I have a faceted green zoisite that I am interested in parting ways with but I can't find a lot of information about it. I am wondering if it is sought after or not considered valuable at all. Does anyone know much about this gem and it's value ?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look up chrome tanzinite or glubinite (sp?).. Would love to see pics!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These non blue/purple stones are often called "Fancey Tanzanite" in the trade. If the colors are pretty, then they are often sold at a higher price than traditional tanzanite, and sought after by collectors. You will see these "Fancy Tanzanite" in colors like yellow, green, pink, teal. Some are very pretty, others not so much. Normally I see these rough in smaller sizes, larger pieces are rare.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your replies. I took a few shots of it to give you a better idea of the color. The last shot when I zoomed in really close I was able to see an inclusion. I hope someone in the know can tell me what type of inclusion it is and if it poses any problems before I would decide whether to sell. It almost reminds me of the horsetail in the Russian demantoid, but I am definitely just going off the top of my head. Can anyone chime in ? DSCF8094.JPG DSCF8096.JPG

DSCF8099.JPG

DSCF8099 (2).JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results