shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a beautiful 1.5ct Round for engagement: Help Needed

DFSI15

Rough_Rock
Hello there,

I am certainly a noob when it comes to diamonds and I am in search of a diamond for my upcoming engagement. We looked at rings quite a while ago, and she really liked the A.Jaffe 1853Q so I would like to put a 1.5 ct stone in it. I would like to be in the 20k range(Canadian funds) with the ring. I have been looking at Whiteflash as they offer the A.Jaffe line and I am leaning towards a CUT ABOVE HEARTS AND ARROWS DIAMOND. I have found a few in the price range I am seeking but not sure if going with a lower colour is safe with the setting I am leaning towards? Should I potentially sacrifice some size for a better colour?? See below for some of the diamonds I have been looking at and also the ring I am leaning towards. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097159.htm 1.455.png 1.405.png ring .png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.455 is pretty much identical to 1.5, so I wouldn't worry about size with what you have. I think H is likely fine for color, but unless your gf has seen I/J in person I wouldn't risk it. Sorry for being dumb, but can someone remind me what 20k CAD is in usd?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
$20000 USD is about $14,400 with 1.39 exchange - the conversion rate on the JA site. One order from WF, I paid 1.48!!! (I questioned it and they said they had no control over the exchange rates, but this was their own conversion from the USD ... simply their bill in their CAD ... at 1.48 ... so it was bs but I didn’t push and just paid in USD after that). I suggest trying to pay in USD as you’ll probably get a better exchange rate yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results