shape
carat
color
clarity

Sea of Cortez pearl enhancer from Kojima Pearls

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered an enhancer from Kojima - I was in Los Cabos, Mexico over Christmas but saw very few Sea of Cortez Pearls, and those I did see were mostly mabe. I knew Kojima had some so figured I'd buy from a known quantity rather than do that whole bargaining thing in Mexico (which I find difficult to do). I wanted something to remember the trip by, and I also am DYING to own a SoC pearl.

I've ordered a pearl with sterling enhancer and while I was on the site, I noticed she had a 16" strand of coin pearls for $20, so I asked to have 2 eight-inch stretchy bracelets made. I intend to put the silvery moon SOC pearl on my silver pink metallic strand from PP, or on my 50" white freshwater rope. I am having a vintage peacock Majorica rope (25 bucks on eBay, a steal!) restrung into a double strand (21 & 23 ") and think the enhancer will look great on the longer strand. (I know Majorica aren't real pearls but they make a dandy substitute until I get the real thing!)

Dealing with Sarah was great, she sent me pics of the potential pearls and the different bales. I will post pics when I receive my treasures from the sea.

Has anyone else ordered from Kojima? Would love to see pics of your pearls, especially if they are Sea of Cortez.

I've attached the pic she sent and I chose the pearl on the right.

soc1kojima.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was visiting with Sarah in November and saw a gorgeous Sea of Cortez that she had in person. Very, very sharp luster on the pearl.

This thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kojima-baroque-rope.155085/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kojima-baroque-rope.155085/[/URL] has a rope I purchased from Sarah along with three Sea of Cortez pearls (silver and not as sharp as the ones you are looking at with Sarah) that I purchased from Agustus on eBay.

There is also a Sea of Cortez thread begun by Little Grey Kitten that you have probably already seen, but just in case you haven't, here it is.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sea-of-cortez-pearls-some-eye-candy.151566/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sea-of-cortez-pearls-some-eye-candy.151566/[/URL]

Sea of Cortez are wonderful pearls. I feel so special whenever I wear mine.

Enjoy.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1326908722|3105948 said:
Can't wait to see it finished, it will be a lovely piece!

We love Sarah here, I ordered my ginourmous pearls from her. I love my earrings to this day; [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yeah-were-talking-big.155143/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yeah-were-talking-big.155143/[/URL]

@Flygirl; Nice to look at your rope again, have you been wearing it often?
I'm not wearing my rope as much lately...I've gone over to the golden side. Today I wore this golden drop enhancer pendant from Sarah, and I am getting a lot of use out of my 3-pearl pendant. The top is a golden from Agustus on eBay, the middle is a Kasumi from Sarah and the bottom is a Kamoka pearl also from Agustus. But the 3-pearl pendant was inspired by the 4-pearl tiered pendant Sarah has on her web site. Love it.

Golden Enhancer and Pendant.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Just checked the USPS link and it has cleared customs and is in Canada - I am hoping for Monday arrival but you never know with the post office.

LOVE the bale on your golden pearl, and I know the pendant you are talking about. One of my dreams would be to have a pendant featuring a PP metallic, a Kamoka, a Kasumi, a Sea of Cortez. Kind of a "Pearldom's Greatest Hits" pendant.

Which reminds me... must buy that lottery ticket.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
My enhancer - or should I say "enchanter" - has arrived! Beautiful grey/blue/pink shades, but when I pair it with my silverpink metallics it really pops. I will put up pics on the weekend. Stay tuned!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hurry :appl:

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Voila!

kojima soc and coin.JPG

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
A side view of the pendant, with sterling bale.

soc side.JPG

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
This is my silver pink PP metallic necklace and the SoC pendant looks amazing on it. The colours work well together.

soc slpink metallics pp.JPG

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
These are vintage Majorica "pearls" from eBay for which I paid $25 ten years ago - until I can afford Tahitians, they will suffice. Pendant looks very grey in this pic but in real life the colours are still apparent.

soc majorica.JPG

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is the pendant with the 9 mm freshwater rope I bought from PP on Black Friday for under a hundred. I wear the rope doubled and have the pendant at the bottom.

soc 9mm fresh pp.JPG

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Sea of Cortez pendant with my PP blue Akoya earring to show colour contrast. I am very thrilled with the pendant and would recommend Sarah of Kojima Pearl with all my heart. We spoke over the phone and she is a very warm and knowledgeable person. The freshwater coin bracelets were from a $20 16-inch strand and they go with everything. Sorry if I've put up too many photos, but I know how much I love looking at everybody's pics, so hope you feel the same!

soc blue akoya.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
eloisegirl|1327854211|3114218 said:
This is my silver pink PP metallic necklace and the SoC pendant looks amazing on it. The colours work well together.
Stunning pendant. Especially love the SoC here, but it looks amazing with all of your pearls.

Well done! :appl:

Thanks for the pictures. More would be fine with me. :naughty:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
eloisegirl,
Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful SoC pendant. The more pictures the better. You have a very versatile piece to coordinate with other strands. Enjoy it.

Sarah is great to deal with and a very sweet, young lady.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
eloisegirl, Georgous pearls. Absolutely LOVE SofC pearls. What is the size of the SofC pearl drop?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
It's about 9.5 mm.... of heaven!!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
They ARE heaven! If you look at my profile avitar you can see a pair of Sea of Cortez pearls I purchased from Douglas, one of the owners of the Sea of Cortez pearl farm in Mexico. I purchased some 14k settings and set them myself. Hope you don't mind my sharing a photo of the finished product. I am such an absolute fan of SofC pearls. I do have a growing collection, but here are the earrings:

soc2.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! You can't go wrong with a dangle and diamonds! Let's see the rest of your pearls, pretty please? :)

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Eloise, You don't know what you are asking. Once I start with show and tell, I may not be able to stop. I really don't want to hijack your thread. I'll have to start a post and then I'll let you know where it is - deal?

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
DEAL! :) Anything for more SoC pearls! (SoC = Sort of Crack!!!) Can't get enough!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results